Author Topic: New(er) officials training material  (Read 858 times)

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
New(er) officials training material
« on: August 31, 2021, 03:42:48 PM »
I've been working the last few weeks (months, actually) working on some study materials, primarily for our new officials (and me) and thought I would share here, in case it could benefit someone else.  It's nothing fancy, just a printable word doc that has index cards (3x5) with a myriad assortment of topics, covering rules and mechanics, and a couple for philosophies, coaches pregame questions, etc.  What started out just as a study guide for me, became something that can be used to review in pregame; I'm going to print them and laminate them so they can last a little longer.

There's a lot of topics covered, please note that it is NOT designed be an exhaustive review of every topic, but they highlights/key points that we may encounter.  I'd like feedback on what I can do to make these better, any mistakes, etc.  I'd also like input on other cards that could be developed to cover more topics. 

They aren't perfect, but this was a tremendous learning endeavor for me.  Hopefully others can benefit from it as well.

If they are beneficial to you, please use and share.  (Can probably be updated to NHFS rules as well, if anyone that uses NHFS rules wanted to take that on.)