Author Topic: TASO Virtual Training Series  (Read 265 times)

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +126/-122
  • The rules are there if you need them.
TASO Virtual Training Series
« on: June 13, 2022, 10:50:03 AM »
As part of its continuing Virtual Training Series, TASO has arranged to have Steve Shaw, National Coordinator of Officials and Secretary-Editor of the NCAA Football Rules Committee, make an online presentation to the TASO membership regarding the changes to the Blocking Below the Waist rules, at 7 pm on Wednesday evening (6/15). We look forward to this presentation, to, hopefully, get answers to all of our questions regarding these new rules.

If only all UIL coaches could be watching... :(

Offline Covid 22

• FAN REACTION: +6/-9
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: TASO Virtual Training Series
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 03:54:30 PM »
Make a tape of the presentation and send it to all chapter Presidents.   Then strongly suggest that they send a copy to every coach the chapter furnishes officials.   Ask the coaches to confirm by email that they watched it (yeah right!).   Then direct your R's to not discuss this new rule with the coaches unless they turned in the confirmation. 

As an ex-R, if the coaches don't have time to watch the video, I don't have time to explain it to them.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +78/-26
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 04:17:10 PM »
Make a tape of the presentation and send it to all chapter Presidents.   Then strongly suggest that they send a copy to every coach the chapter furnishes officials.   Ask the coaches to confirm by email that they watched it (yeah right!).   Then direct your R's to not discuss this new rule with the coaches unless they turned in the confirmation. 

As an ex-R, if the coaches don't have time to watch the video, I don't have time to explain it to them.
👍
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +126/-122
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 11:39:17 AM »
Make a tape of the presentation and send it to all chapter Presidents.   Then strongly suggest that they send a copy to every coach the chapter furnishes  ???officials.   Ask the coaches to confirm by email that they watched it (yeah right!).   Then direct your R's to not discuss this new rule with the coaches unless they turned in the confirmation. 

Just bein’ a wise-acre here, so don’t get in a twist.
I used to get training ‘tapes’ from Jim Blackwood every Tuesday following our Saturday games. I’d plug them into my VCR and see what we did good, and what we did bad (as a staff), and we’d learn, and, hopefully, get better. But, that ended somewhere around 2010 or so. Then, with a laptop, we’d log into a web site and get our training. The big box of TAPES that I had, ultimately, went to the trash (I kept a few, for nostalgic reasons…now, if only my VCR worked  ??? ). But, I don’t think anybody has actually made a ‘tape’ in a very long time. I believe, nowadays, it is just ‘video.’  :)