Author Topic: UIL or TASO  (Read 223896 times)

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
Re: UIL or TASO
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »
Here is your UIL Registration Form.

http://southtexasrefs.com/UILRegForm.pdf

Inquiring minds want to know....
1 - Says $25 fee for new members.  I thouight they wanted $50   Are they backing off?

2 - says we will take test through the NFHS online testing system   Since when does NFHS have NCAA football (with UIL exceptions) rule tests available?

3 - Apparently you can be a convicted murderer, or terrorist, or fraudster and still officiate for UIL.  But if you have been convicted for having a joint in your ash tray, forget about it?

4 - If you do not have an email address you cannot officiate ??

jjseikel

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2009, 06:34:38 PM »
Interesting, especially #2.

Offline fencewire

• FAN REACTION: +20/-74
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2009, 07:40:03 PM »
I would say that http://southtexasrefs.com/ is pretty much a site for a basketball chapter judging by the graphics, etc, granted there is a spot to select football, it is pretty safe to say that this stuff was thrown together, there is no way that nfhs would have an ncaa test with uil exceptions. 

They also have a link discussing taso/uil  http://www.southtexasrefs.com/TASOUIL.htm

Anyone have a UIL basketball chapter nearby that you could ask how the new regime has impacted their day to day officiating?

How about posting the one version of the TASO basketball test, shouldn't be to tough.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »
Basketball Chapters are not "officially" registered with UIL yet.  That does not go in effect until next school year.  The link I posted is to the UIL form. It is not just for that chapter (which is a basketball chapter).  i could have attached the form itself to the posting here except the danged form is over 3 Mb in size so cannot be attached to posts here. 

I know the guys in that Chapter and so far it is business as usual for them (but they have not had to pay a dime to UIL yet) 

Offline fencewire

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2009, 08:21:32 PM »
on the Basketball chapters, are you sure?

Permian Basin http://pbboa.org/index.htm  there is a link there for an exam and it links to nfhs??

Abilene's by-laws http://abilenerefs.homestead.com/ABC-UIL_By-laws.mht

amarillo seems to be UIL, only registration doc is UIL doc.  http://www.amarillorefs.com/index.htm

lubbock http://www.spczebras.org/basketball/forms.htm only form is uil and they have a link to the nfhs test on main page.

I couldn't find any in East Texas, maybe it is a West Texas thing?

Offline TXMike

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2009, 08:29:49 PM »
Apparently the UIL is forcing some basketball folks to register with them this year if they want state tourney games (even though this is all not supposed to start until next year) 

This is what I received from a b-baller:

Our Basketball chapter voted to align with the UIL for the 2010/2011 season, however, all of our new members, some dual members, and re-instatement officials plus all of our Top 25 (if they want to be considered for 2009/2010 Regional and/or State assignments by the UIL) must be registered with the UIL this year. Although, our Chapter will be registered as a group, we do have a few that may have to submit individually. Our Chapter and a couple of others fell into a particular category, in that we had already submitted our fees and paperwork to TASO for this year, but have to register with UIL as well.

Offline fencewire

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2009, 08:37:09 PM »
here is another, north texas (denton) "membership" link goes to UIL form, even though still displaying taso on front page.

http://www.ntboa.org/

It looks like Abilene at least is fully UIL as their by-laws already state as such.

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »
 ^flag Regarding Houston Basketball Chapters: Houston has two chapters; a vote was taken and the leadership of the old TASO chapter took the chapter and its board members to the UIL by a vote of less than 100 of its members(for a 700 member chapter). This occurred over several meetings because the quorum requirement could never be reached and per the chapter by-laws, it kept getting cut in half with each ensuing meeting.(FYI, the president of the Houston UIL Chapter played basketball for Dr. Breighaupt when he was in high school.)

The TASO loyalist faction is still running the Houston TASO Chapter and is working games primarily on the North side of town. The Fort Bend Chapter(Sugar Land) still remains aligned with TASO.

blackandwhite1

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »
Just wondering if Arbitrator just might have a last name of Parker, Coit or Alexander. Either way guys, the name calling makes you look really stupid.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 08:49:45 AM »
Reminded of something about a kettle and a pot....

504coach

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2009, 09:18:16 AM »
Just wondering if Arbitrator just might have a last name of Parker, Coit or Alexander. Either way guys, the name calling makes you look really stupid.

I would rather look stupid, and be honorable, then be greedy and a turncoat.

ka_mole

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2009, 02:17:03 PM »
Yeah, Abilene has rolled and are UIL.  I've already called and cussed a buddy of mine I do NCAA ball with.  He's none too happy about it.  I'm sure it'll be a good point of discussion over beers this Friday.

youngun

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »
Since we are getting down to time for the TASO (Dec. 6) and UIL (Dec. 18) meeting, how many Chapters have had a vote on whether to go or stay?  At this time, East Texas has not had a vote.
I may be new here but I thought that the TASO meeting was December 18th and the UIL decided to have their meeting the same day. Can anyone give me details if the TASO meeting has changed dates AND I have to be in San Antonio THIS WEEKEND?
Thanks

Offline ETXZebra

• FAN REACTION: +18/-7
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2009, 06:48:59 PM »
The TASO football board meeting is this weekend in Dallas.  The uil meeting is s still December 18 in San Antonio.

youngun

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2009, 07:26:21 PM »
Are you sure, I didnt save the Email, but I swear that I got something from TASO about a President & Secretary meeting in San Antonio on December 18th and it was mandatory. Maybe I'm losing it in my old age.

Offline ETXZebra

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »
You might have, but it was changed to this weekend.

youngun

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2009, 10:00:36 PM »
I gotta find out whats going on. Does any one have the particulars of this so-called meeting in Dallas?

Offline TXMike

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2009, 10:06:49 PM »
Call your district director if your Chapter leaders do not know.

Offline DonM

• FAN REACTION: +2/-1
  • The fool wonders; the wise ask.
    • Abilene Chapter
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2009, 11:58:44 PM »
Yeah, Abilene has rolled and are UIL.  I've already called and cussed a buddy of mine I do NCAA ball with.  He's none too happy about it.  I'm sure it'll be a good point of discussion over beers this Friday.
I assume you are referring to thump-thump.  The football chapter has made no commitment either way.  For now, it's TASO.

Offline ETXZebra

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2009, 05:12:28 AM »
It is this weekend, with the title of the email, "Special TASO Football Board of Directors Meeting"  I assume it went to all the Chapter Presidents and Secretaries and the board.  This meeting is by nontransferable invitation only.  If you have an invitation, you know where it will be held.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:16:54 AM by ETXZebra »

rickref

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2009, 06:27:06 AM »
Right our guys are going Saturday and we have a board meeting the following Tuesday.

GameWillTravel

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2009, 10:40:32 AM »
The Tyler Football chapter has a meeting with the UIL this next Monday. 

rickref

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »
The Tyler Football chapter has a meeting with the UIL this next Monday. 

Why are you doing this if the UIL meeting in San Antonio is the same Friday? Just curious.

Offline QAfta

• FAN REACTION: +2/-2
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2009, 11:15:23 AM »
TASO board with pres and sec this weekend
Monday UIL rep talks to Tyler chapter (also invited East TX and NE TX chapters)
After UIL talk, same day Tyler chapter will have a meeting (Board will talk about TASO meeting as well as UIL meeting before)
Dec 18 (planned UIL with pres. and vp and sec)  The chapter meeting will talk about if we are sending reps.

Going to have fun Monday  pi1eOn

Offline TxGrayhat

• FAN REACTION: +15/-4
  • T.A.S.O
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 06:53:33 PM »
Will this be a question and answer session.?  Will TASO Reps be present also?
If you don't see the Football Don't Blow the Whistle!!!