Author Topic: State Championship Game Preparation  (Read 3052 times)

Offline TXPanhandle

• FAN REACTION: +8/-131
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
State Championship Game Preparation
« on: November 23, 2020, 08:57:11 AM »
I'm hoping someone on this board has some insight as to what UIL is going to do next month spectator wise for the championship games.  It looks like they did not limit spectators for the recent volleyball games, only required masks to be worn.  But I also believe football is a little different with many more spectators attending.  Just wondering if it's going to be the typical general admission and free for all to sit where you want or if they will possibly consider doing pre-sales with reserve seating.  Anyone have an educated answer?

Offline backjudge85

• FAN REACTION: +9/-3
Re: State Championship Game Preparation
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 08:19:39 PM »
Volleyball was limited to 1300 spectators in the Curtis Culwell Center and they cleared the venue after each match.  I suspect that Football will have limited seating and admission as well with presale tickets only.  They may also clear the seating after each game although that in itself would be a chore in Jerry World!

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 01:45:17 PM »
What I've seen when I've been to non-Cowboys games there is that they'll only open small sections of the stands. For something like a peewee game or semi pro game or the USA football games, they'll open up the lower bowl on the visitors side of the stadium from about the 25 to 25. Then for regular season HS games, they will open from EZ to EZ and close off the home sideline. And for HS playoffs, the entire lower bowl is open. I think this year, if they were to open seating in both the upper and lower bowls, they'd have plenty of room for distancing requirements and still be able to host about the same number of fans as every year. The 6a games might be limited a little bit but every other round almost never has more than 20k

Offline TXPanhandle

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 12:13:00 PM »
Thank you for responses.  Now just the waiting game for UIL to announce. 

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 03:32:08 PM »

Offline dammitbobby

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 07:29:56 PM »
I heard a rumor (unverified) that the days of buying one ticket to see all the games in one day are gone, they are going to clear the stands after each game, and you have to have a ticket for each game that day. Trying to get more info on if that’s the case or not.

Offline TXPanhandle

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 09:22:02 PM »
Got my answer now. Reserve seating and purchase in advance. That’s great. Now to see the link where to purchase tickets.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 08:01:57 AM »
I heard a rumor (unverified) that the days of buying one ticket to see all the games in one day are gone, they are going to clear the stands after each game, and you have to have a ticket for each game that day. Trying to get more info on if that’s the case or not.

That’s what Alabama did this year — each game was treated as a separate event.  Online purchasing of Etickets only.  In addition, we were required to vacate the press box for 30 minutes between games for cleaning.

Offline dammitbobby

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 09:26:02 AM »
Tickets
General Public Ticket Price: $20

School Presale Ticket Price: $15 (must have a code from a participating school)

ALL seating for the 2020 Football State Championships will be reserved. Spectators must purchase a reserved seat and sit in that designated seat. Capacity at AT&T Stadium will be limited. Fans are required to practice social distancing inside and outside of the stadium.
Tickets will be distributed in seat blocks known as “pods” to maintain distance between groups.
A limited number of tickets will be available to each participating school with a code. This code will be sent to school administration to send out to their fans. Once the code expires, any remaining tickets will be opened up for the general public to purchase.
All tickets at AT&T Stadium will be digital and available through fans’ mobile devices. There will be no ticket offices open on the day of the games. Tickets will not be sold onsite. All tickets must be purchased through the website or app. In order to provide a contactless experience for fans, there will no longer be any physical tickets. Have your mobile ticket ready prior to arriving at AT&T Stadium.
Texas High School Coaching Association (THSCA) and Six-Man Passes (TSMCA)
Due to limited reserved seating, no passes will be accepted.
No ISD passes are accepted for admission.
Wednesday, December 16 and Thursday, December 17 (1A-3A Games)

A ticket on these days will be good for all games on that day. No re-entry allowed.

Friday, December 18 (4A Games)

A ticket on this day will only be good for ONE game. The stadium will be cleared between the games. If you are wishing to attend both 4A games, you will need to purchase a ticket to each game.

from https://www.uiltexas.org/football/state/football-state-championships-spectator-information

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 09:30:04 AM »
Just learn one of my old crew mates is going to work his first State Championship!

Proud of him and that crew and to all who get the opportunity.
" I don't make the rules coach!"