Author Topic: First Touching Still Applicable?  (Read 3297 times)

Offline bjfb

• FAN REACTION: +2/-2
First Touching Still Applicable?
« on: July 06, 2017, 11:00:17 AM »
Having a little trouble with this question. Some officials I have asked say true, others false.

4/10 @ the A40. A4's punt is first touched by A88 on B's 22. B44 recovers on B's 18 and advances to B's 27 when he fumbles. A66 recovers and scores. During B44's run, B77 is flagged for holding on B's 16. Ruling: B 1/10 B8. The 10-yard penalty for B77's foul is enforced half the distance from B's 16. If Team A declines the penalty, Team B would take the ball at the spot of first touching, B's 22.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: First Touching Still Applicable?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 12:05:03 PM »
6-2-5 : "The right of R to take the ball at spot of first touching by K is CANCELLED if R touches the kick and thereafter during the down commits a foul...."

8-2-3 would not allow a bridge foul to PAT/FK as the foul occurred before final COP. Penalty declined by K......

^good

Offline VALJ

• FAN REACTION: +90/-14
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 12:45:38 PM »
As usual, the esteemed gentleman from Maine is dead on.  Since B committed a foul after the first touching, they lose the right to take the ball at the spot of the touch.

Ralph, I'm glad that the baseball season is going better for your Sox than for my Cubbies.  That said, they're still the World Series champs until about the end of October, so I'm still basking in it...  :)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:57:16 PM »
As usual, the esteemed gentleman from Maine is dead on.  Since B committed a foul after the first touching, they lose the right to take the ball at the spot of the touch.

Ralph, I'm glad that the baseball season is going better for your Sox than for my Cubbies.  That said, they're still the World Series champs until about the end of October, so I'm still basking in it...  :)
If only the protocol was such as Miss America surrendering her crown to the newly chosen  :). I'm still rooting for a .....

RED SOX / CUBBIE WORLD SERIES

pHiNzuP tR:oLl tR:oLl tR:oLl pHiNzuP

Offline prab

• FAN REACTION: +37/-47
  • Wherever you go, there you are!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 01:47:33 PM »
Please check the NL Central standings!  (Check soon, as I realize that it may not stay this way.)

Offline VALJ

• FAN REACTION: +90/-14
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 03:41:13 PM »
Please check the NL Central standings!  (Check soon, as I realize that it may not stay this way.)

Oh, hush, you.

tiphat:

Offline KWH

• FAN REACTION: +633/-113
  • See it, Think about it, Pass on it if possible!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »
Having a little trouble with this question. Some officials I have asked say true, others false.

4/10 @ the A40. A4's punt is first touched by A88 on B's 22. B44 recovers on B's 18 and advances to B's 27 when he fumbles. A66 recovers and scores. During B44's run, B77 is flagged for holding on B's 16. Ruling: B 1/10 B8. The 10-yard penalty for B77's foul is enforced half the distance from B's 16. If Team A declines the penalty, Team B would take the ball at the spot of first touching, B's 22.
I
BJFB - Take a look at Casebook play 6.2.5 SITUATION A - Specifically the last sentence of the RULING
Some have found the Case Play wording easier to absorb than the wording in the rule itself.
(Even though they both effectively say the same thing)
SEE everything that you CALL, but; Don't CALL everything you SEE!
Never let the Rules Book get in the way of a great ball game!

Respectfully Submitted;
Some guy on a message forum