Author Topic: Shirt companies  (Read 22581 times)

Offline Atlanta Blue

• FAN REACTION: +160/-71
Re: Shirt companies
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »
I think that manufacturers of products should have the right to display their logo on products if they want to, so that interested parties can find out who made them.  It's not free advertising because they've put money into actually making the clobber.

If they are GIVING it to me, fine.  If I'm buying it, I have the right not to advertise for them unless I choose to.  After all, logos can be a status symbol as well.

There is a reason Izod or Polo sport shirts cost more than their non-logoed counterparts, and it's not all quality.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 04:27:35 PM »
If they are GIVING it to me, fine.  If I'm buying it, I have the right not to advertise for them unless I choose to.  After all, logos can be a status symbol as well.

There is a reason Izod or Polo sport shirts cost more than their non-logoed counterparts, and it's not all quality.

Darn.  I thought I was getting a good deal from them.  I thought the "H" was specially put on my shirt for my last name.

El Macman

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »

Do you rip the Chevrolet or Ford or Toyota or whatever off your car? Scrape the Goodyear or Michelin or General or whatever off your tires? Scratch the Nike, Titleist, Taylormade or whatever off your clubs, bag, towel, hat? Paint over the Crafstman or DeWalt or whatever on your tools? Pull off the Kenmore or Maytag or whatever labels off your home appliances? Oh, I could on and  on...

Offline sj_31

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 04:49:07 PM »
I don't mind the concept of free advertising, especially for a fellow official, however I didn't like that the white cursive "H" was so visible on my black foul weather pants last year. Nothing that wasn't solved in less than two minutes and a black sharpee. Haven't thought about it since until now. I'll be repeating the same process when I receive my shirts for the same reasons...

Offline Andrew McCarthy

• FAN REACTION: +21/-6
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
Do you rip the Chevrolet or Ford or Toyota or whatever off your car? Scrape the Goodyear or Michelin or General or whatever off your tires? Scratch the Nike, Titleist, Taylormade or whatever off your clubs, bag, towel, hat? Paint over the Crafstman or DeWalt or whatever on your tools? Pull off the Kenmore or Maytag or whatever labels off your home appliances? Oh, I could on and  on...

All of those items aren't intended to be "uniform".

I'm with sj_31 and will be getting out the sharpie- if I even buy from Honigs.

Offline Osric Pureheart

• FAN REACTION: +18/-7
  • 1373937 or 308?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »
All of those items aren't intended to be "uniform".

Police cars and radios in this country are allowed to retain their manufacturer's logo...

Offline BJWerth

• FAN REACTION: +4/-5
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 08:20:58 PM »
If half of the Officials in my Conference buy from Honig and the other 1/2 buy from a competitor, my supervisor will not be happy with the lack of uniformity, and some will be out $$$. It is too much to put on the logo; it is not standard and is self-promotional. That logo is not recognized by anyone other than Officials nationally. Especially this year when we are all trying to decide who to order from in a short time frame before spring ball, this has only made this situation more confusing. I'm with Andrew, bring out the Sharpie!

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 09:13:20 PM »
If half of the Officials in my Conference buy from Honig and the other 1/2 buy from a competitor, my supervisor will not be happy with the lack of uniformity, and some will be out $$$. It is too much to put on the logo; it is not standard and is self-promotional. That logo is not recognized by anyone other than Officials nationally. Especially this year when we are all trying to decide who to order from in a short time frame before spring ball, this has only made this situation more confusing. I'm with Andrew, bring out the Sharpie!

I'm more concerned with the more obvious differences between the shirts.  That is the position letter on the pocket.  The 2 pics in this thread are 2 different types of placement and are much more of a concern than the "H" logo.

elewis023

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 07:21:41 AM »
I'm more concerned with the more obvious differences between the shirts.  That is the position letter on the pocket.  The 2 pics in this thread are 2 different types of placement and are much more of a concern than the "H" logo.

Exactly.  This was my point for the thread.  I don't want to order 6 shirts, and then be told to order 6 more!! pi1eOn

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 10:45:41 AM »
From Honigs:

(New – as of 2/7/11) the NCAA, in addition to the back placket, has decided to add a front pocket letter. This letter will be placed on the middle black stripe of the shirt pocket.

For those of you that change positions during a season, you can have your primary position placed on  the shirt as above and you can still use the current plackets for your secondary positions. We have developed a front letter placket that will allow you to make that change as well. The cost of the front letter placket will be $4.00.

Offline ckref

• FAN REACTION: +4/-1
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
Honig's shows striped pocket with letter on the stripe.  Purchase Officials shows a black pocket.  What have you guys heard about that?

MJT

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »
So, any ideas for how to change the pocket part so we don't have to have multiple, multiple shirts. I could work four different positions this year, and cannot afford an R, S, F, and B in both short and long sleeves!!! pi1eOn

moreiraia

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 10:59:35 AM »
Can anyone confirm me if CKA is selling 2'' shirts without the position letter?
I see some pics on their website/facebook but I would like to confirm.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:02:26 AM by moreiraia »

ABoselli

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 04:59:58 PM »
Maybe just the polyester long sleeved ones. Those show on the website with no letters anywhere.

I received my short sleeve (sublimated letters and flag and CFO logo) from Cliff Keen and it has the position letter on the front pocket. The long sleeved one is back ordered.