Author Topic: Colorado Springs Football Officials Association web site  (Read 3898 times)

AFSST

Colorado Springs Football Officials Association web site
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:28:09 PM »
My son and I are trying to enhance the web site for our association.  If you have time, please visit the site at www.cosfoa.com and let me know what you think.  What can we add to make the site better?  What does your association's site have/use that we could also incorporate?

(I'm especially proud of our FAQ link that (hopefully) will provide info to new officials.)   ;D

Thanks!

Offline James

• FAN REACTION: +7/-6
Re: Colorado Springs Football Officials Association web site
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 08:30:49 AM »
Looks quite good.
One thing just in scanning is that you have some cards and checklists in the resources. You might want to have a checklist for instructions for the chain crew.

From style, I'm not sure that I like the photo on the sides and blank white in the middle, but if you are comfortable with it then it is not really much of a complaint.

Oh - and I don't know how things are set up around you, but I would find it helpful to have a list of the local schools with a link to google maps or something to quickly call up where to go and how to get there.

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
Nice. I started my officiating career in COS. Love that town.

AFSST

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 10:52:03 PM »
James, thanks for the comments.  I'm also leaning towards changing the picture.

Roscoe

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 12:37:22 PM »
As a professional web developer, my only real critique is that your sites load time is ridiculous.

Offline TampaSteve

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +23/-13
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 02:05:20 PM »
1 - Maybe add the schools you service and/or their address for each school so guys can mapquest it; or it would allow new guys have an idea for the area of coverage for schools you work.
2 - Not sure if I would make the voting info or board minutes 'made public' for all to see without password or the like.

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 09:14:51 PM »
As a professional web developer, my only real critique is that your sites load time is ridiculous.

Everything opens up immediately for me...