Author Topic: Timing on Field Goals on a Stopped Clock (When to Start and Stop)  (Read 22437 times)

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: Timing on Field Goals on a Stopped Clock (When to Start and Stop)
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2018, 08:24:39 AM »

You are being deliberately silly with the Aliens option of course, but in fact not as silly as you think.  If you were an alien coming to earth and decided you wanted to announce your arrival to the whole planet and not just meet up with the worlds leaders, after spending some time studying our world from outer space, you would most likely choose the SuperBowl or World Cup Final, maybe Champions League Final as the best place to announce your arrival to the most people on the planet at once as possible.  So don't discount this possibility 100%, just 99.9999999%

having said that, if this happens I want to be given full credit by everyone for predicting this

You mean as opposed to the times they only landed near a hog farm in Arkansas with Myrtle and Jethro as witnesses!  😩
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2018, 10:55:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Pommylee, I hope you find it both enjoyable and informative. I posted that after last year's season had ended for most and were waiting for the proposed changes. We sometimes get off track  :o ::) when there's no plays to argue about!

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2018, 08:26:37 PM »

You are being deliberately silly with the Aliens option of course, but in fact not as silly as you think.  If you were an alien coming to earth and decided you wanted to announce your arrival to the whole planet and not just meet up with the worlds leaders, after spending some time studying our world from outer space, you would most likely choose the SuperBowl or World Cup Final, maybe Champions League Final as the best place to announce your arrival to the most people on the planet at once as possible.  So don't discount this possibility 100%, just 99.9999999%

having said that, if this happens I want to be given full credit by everyone for predicting this

LOL

Offline bbeagle

• FAN REACTION: +14/-52
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »
Well what if the ground swallowed up both goal posts?  >:D ;D

Well, we have an illegal field. I'd have to report it to the proper administrators.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »
 LOL
Now back to the original topic....We've probably all seen highlight reels of free kicking for a field goal after a fair catch. These usually occur very near the end of half or game. In at least two, the clock has started with the kick...remember, gang, the clock shouldn't start until legally touch, just as with any other free kicks. DON'T blow your bucket-list achievement by cranking the clock on the kick :o ??? :-[...