Author Topic: Last Regular Season Game 59-52  (Read 1730 times)

Offline FLAHL

• FAN REACTION: +52/-9
Last Regular Season Game 59-52
« on: November 08, 2014, 03:32:15 PM »
Below are the highlights of our regular season finale. Every play seemed like a first down or TD. Total game time was 3:15. We earned our post game beverages, but were too tired (almost) to enjoy them.

Stars of the game: The Spongers’ Ford and Rebels QB Tyrie Adams had monster games. Ford rushed for 389 yards on 41 carries and scored five touchdowns. Adams had an amazing 719 total yards of offense. He racked up 598 yards on 39-for-57 passing, and six scores. That was in addition to his 121 yards on eight carries and one rushing TD. Fellow Rebel Davontae Harrington caught 17 passes for 239 yards and three touchdowns. D’Vonte Cook also caught three TD passes among his 10 catches for 146 yards.

Offline NorCalMike

• FAN REACTION: +23/-8
Re: Last Regular Season Game 59-52
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 11:31:23 PM »
Did we do the same game?

We weren't expecting much when we received this game assignment. Two small schools one with a much better record and had already beat the other team once. But it seems like everyone stepped up in this game. 56-50. Lots of passing. The crowd on both sides were really getting into it. Pretty loud considering there was probably only 300 people there. The players played hard and mostly clean. Even though it was a tight game they were joking around with me. Especially after a couple of really long touch down runs when I looked a little winded. It was actually my most enjoyable game of the year.

Next week is playoffs. No joking around. Everyone is serious.