Author Topic: Clock Management - End of Game  (Read 10597 times)

Offline VA Official

• FAN REACTION: +4/-6
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Clock Management - End of Game
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 08:18:49 AM »
FWIW, I hope they don’t make us start taking time off the clock. The logistics of that would be a nightmare around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a clock operator out in the country (where they've never even heard of a headset) try to understand what Bubba's trying to signal for zap 10 would be a 20 minute process. Some of the older clocks don't even allow you to set a new time on them until the current time has expired. Would be an absolute catastrophe.

Offline SouthGARef

• FAN REACTION: +10/-16
Re: Clock Management - End of Game
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 03:44:34 PM »
Having a clock operator out in the country (where they've never even heard of a headset) try to understand what Bubba's trying to signal for zap 10 would be a 20 minute process. Some of the older clocks don't even allow you to set a new time on them until the current time has expired. Would be an absolute catastrophe.

But for those of us with the needed equipment, holding back what is a necessary rule change because other areas don't have equipment is a bit puzzling.

The zap-10 rule is a necessary rule needed exactly for reasons like this. Teams gain too much of an advantage from fouling in the closing minutes.

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Clock Management - End of Game
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 07:02:07 AM »
Philosophically I agree with you, but from a practical standpoint, how big a problem is it? I can remember once in the past ten years when a rule like this would have made a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk