Author Topic: 11/15 - Giants / Pats - Timing error?  (Read 3161 times)

Offline hefnerjm

• FAN REACTION: +19/-23
  • Everyone needs a student, a mentor, & a friend
11/15 - Giants / Pats - Timing error?
« on: November 16, 2015, 01:00:30 PM »
I was watching casually w/o a DVR....but this is what I think I saw...

Roughly 2:10 left in the game, and NE had just called a timeout.  Giants ran a play, and no time came off the clock.  NE called another timeout (still 2:10).  After next play, clock reads 2:01...then 2 min warning. 

Without this timing error, the Giants would have had 1 more play after the 2 min warning, and would have likely drained another 40 secs off the clock and NE wouldnt have had enough time to win with last second FG.

Anyone able to provide video?
Coach: "I've been doing this 30 years!  I know the rules!"
Ref: "Are you married coach?"
Coach (suddenly offguard): "umm...yeah, why?"
Ref: "I've been married 30 years and my wife says there is still room for improvement"
Coach: "<silence>"

Offline chaoslord

• FAN REACTION: +2/-2
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: 11/15 - Giants / Pats - Timing error?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »
I was watching casually w/o a DVR....but this is what I think I saw...

Roughly 2:10 left in the game, and NE had just called a timeout.  Giants ran a play, and no time came off the clock.  NE called another timeout (still 2:10).  After next play, clock reads 2:01...then 2 min warning. 

Without this timing error, the Giants would have had 1 more play after the 2 min warning, and would have likely drained another 40 secs off the clock and NE wouldnt have had enough time to win with last second FG.

Anyone able to provide video?

I felt like I noticed the same thing. However, going back I guess I am wrong. Can't link video because I'm at work and it's being weird but I just watched a the play I was thinking of on my phone.

Play by play says that NE called a time out with 2:14 left. NYG had a short run and NE calls time out at 2:10. Next play (this video is on the NFL website), Giants pass the ball for 18 yards, clock runs down to 2:06. I could swear up and down that the feed I was watching last night did not have the clock run time off on this play. However, the NFL.com video shows the clock tick down to 2:06 and stop because the receiver went out of bounds, followed by NYG calling a timeout. Then the next play is the TD that got reversed where clock stopped at 2:01.

With clock operating correctly from 2:10 to 2:06 to 2:01, I don't know where the error would have been. That just leaves the play that started at 2:14 but then the clock wouldn't have been at 2:10 to start the next play, so I think we are both misremembering it or our TV had some screwy feeds!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:24:26 PM by chaoslord »

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: 11/15 - Giants / Pats - Timing error?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 12:06:29 PM »
Coach B or those cheatin' Pats musta' done it >:(....WHOOPS...that's right, the game was at the Meadowlands :o ??? ::) :-[