Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Update on Refstripes.com
« Last post by Kalle on Today at 05:56:05 AM »
If you are adding further mods, please consider Kalle.  Having someone in a different continent will help give improved coverage.  I haven't discussed this with him, so he may not even want to!

Umm...

I'm not a really good moderator, as I'm pretty vocal and opinionated, but if you need administrators (clean up spam, help users, etc), I would be willing to help (this has been such an excellent officiating tool that I would like to help any way I can).
« Last post by goodgrr on Today at 03:33:03 AM »
Great to have the site back.  Thanks for the work and please pass on my condolences too.

If you are adding further mods, please consider Kalle.  Having someone in a different continent will help give improved coverage.  I haven't discussed this with him, so he may not even want to!

NCAA Discussion / Re: FC of Free Kick
« Last post by Joe Stack on Yesterday at 11:22:55 PM »
Who here thinks we've all but seen the our last KOs with kicks high in the air? Kick the ball sufficient to get it over the first couple of waves of blockers and line-drive it so that the receiver won't have time to signal for fair catch while trying to catch it on the run. Plus, he doesn't want to fair catch a line drived kick at the 30 or 35 as he can easily get 15 yards from there.

Will be very interesting to see what strategy erupts from this rule change.
NCAA Discussion / Re: 2018 Blocking Below the Waist
« Last post by Andrew McCarthy on Yesterday at 07:50:06 PM »
I havenít heard it that way yet.
Ok, Ok I stand corrected.  yEs: I purchased from Referee Magazine "Prep Football 2018". We know they never make a mistake.  ^no In it, they have the exact play posted and the ruling you all have been giving me. It also states that during a free/scrimmage kick DOWN. I still maintain the verbiage at the Nation Federation did not include down, thus the confusion for me. Thanks to all of you who helped. I agree with all of you that this makes more sense in reducing the number of re-kicks. All I wanted all along was the correct interpretation so I could understand the new rule. Thanks. tiphat:
The verbiage from the National Federation's rationale for the new rule clearly states "during the Kick."
« Last post by Kalle on Yesterday at 04:20:57 PM »
OSU65, there is a small need to pay the bills around here.  We used to have a subscriber's section that covered the costs.  I'll try to get that back up and running soon.

If you can't get that back up, just let me know how I can send you the money. I haven't been a subscriber for a while but realized during the downtime that this is an important part of my football officiating experience.

Thank you for continuing this, and do let Mrs. Dunham know how much we appreciate her efforts.
The new rule states fouls during a kicking Down, does not state during the kick. So an illegal formation foul on Team K will qualify.
Forget my last post. My brain kicked in, PSK is a foul by R. Sorry
No, not saying that at all and there is a rule that specifically covers that. 16-2h2: Post scrimmage kick - a foul by R when the foul occurs 2; During a scrimmage kick play in which the ball crosses the expanded neutral zone. The new rule states a foul by K during the kick.
I agree with you all in theory and I'm not trying to argue with you all. In my opinion, the rule does not back up what you are saying unless there is more to it. Just trying to get it straight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10