Author Topic: HUDL playlist downloader  (Read 645 times)

Offline WCFB

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
HUDL playlist downloader
« on: August 09, 2017, 04:43:58 AM »
I found a cool chrome plug-in that allows you to download HUDL playlists with the best video quality available. For our association, we wanted to download certain clips and do voice over and different training analysis that was not feasible with HUDL's stock tools. If you try to download any playlists through HUDL, they output is only 480p. With this plugin, it will download with nearly the same quality as the upload.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hudl-playlist-downloader/kcblfjdklbbjchiopmdfpnfllkjmdila?hl=en-US

Offline zhntr

Re: HUDL playlist downloader
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 02:40:46 PM »
I'm on a Chromebook and was able to download a game video. What do you use to then view the plays?

On my old Windows laptop, I could extract the .mp4s and then select all and VLC would make a playlist. I'm not having any success making a playlist with VLC on Chromebook.

Offline WCFB

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 07:19:28 PM »
hmmm, do you need a way to unzip the files from the compressed download format? That is what it sounds like... I've never used a chromebook, so I don't know exactly how to do that, but I did find something that might be useful.

https://beebom.com/how-extract-zip-files-chromebook/

Hopefully, you'll then be able to select the files and have them play through VLC.

Offline zhntr

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »
It's been a rather PITA on a Chromebook.

AFter downloading the .zip file, I then use ZIP Extractor to get the individual .mp4 files; however, the VLC app for Chromebook cannot do playlists.

Offline WCFB

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 11:50:05 PM »
Do you mean that VLC won't load all the clips into the playlist? Without a chromebook, I don't have any idea. That would be a major pain to have to select each one to play them.