Author Topic: What Questions Would You Like To Pose to Both Timmons and Fitch? No Limitations!  (Read 23524 times)

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
 ^flag

To Timmons: What preeminently qualifies you over all others to be the Director of Officiating at the UIL? How many other people to your knowledge actually interviewed for your job before you were chosen?   z^

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
Getting your questions ready for the 18th? :)

Offline blindref757

• FAN REACTION: +30/-17
If the UIL and TASO want to co-exist like the UIL proclaims, will they give us representation on the UIL Legislative council?

Offline Getting Fat

• FAN REACTION: +5/-6
Can you please explain, in detail, the UIL Officials Department and how that is meant to benefit officials in Texas when TASO has been performing those same functions for years?

The Officials Department contains a Code of Ethics.  One of the violations of the Code of Ethics is failure to cooperate with the UIL.  This is vague and worrisome.  Who will determine if the official failed to cooperate?  Who will decide the punishment?  What recourse will officials have?

What guarantees do we as officials have that the UIL will not raid our dues money to cover shortfalls in other areas?

How on earth will your proposed system benefit officials?

There was a recent article in the Austin American Statesman regarding the 7 million dollars spent for steroid testing and how it has mostly been a complete waste of money.  In fact, the article states the UIL's budget for steroid testing will be slashed to $750k.  Given this, how can officials trust the UIL with their annual dues, potentially exceeding $600k annually?

TASO board of directors have fiduciary obligations to TASO members.  These fiduciary obligations, if violated, can come with legal repercussions.  In your position with the UIL, who's interests are you primarily obligated to look out for?

Will the UIL force officials to buy gear from certain vendors?

Why is the UIL purchasing rulebooks for $3 and reselling them for $5 to officials?

More college and professional athletes hail from the State of Texas than any other state.  Why the hell would you mess with that?

Mr. Fitch, The lawsuit saved each official in the state $50 last year.  Is it true that each officials share of the legal expenses for that is about $4?

Why did you tell coaches last year that the Austin Chapter is not a chapter in good standing and therefore could not work any playoff games?  What reassurances do we have that this sort of vindictiveness will not repeat itself?

That's a start.  I have many more if anybody thinks these are any good.

Offline Coby

• FAN REACTION: +24/-72
Why do just the sports officials have to register and not the UIL debate judges, Current Issues and Events judges, Band Judges, along with other UIL officials.  I am also a Debate teacher and would love for there to be a way for debate judges to be held accountable and consistent throughout the state.  Why is the UIL not extending the same courtesy to my students as they are students that participate in athletics?

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
What does "accountability" mean to you?

texref

This one piggy-backs on TXMike's:

Does the UIL have a written "Due Process" procedure statement? If so, where is located on the UIL web site?

I hope I worded that correctly.

Offline Getting Fat

• FAN REACTION: +5/-6
Mr. Timmons,

The UIL has taken the position that a chapter can be TASO affiliated or UIL affiliated.   Yet you told the Houston basketball chapter that UIL chapters would receive preference.*  In addition, you said, “I’m here to represent those who are here for me.”*  Why would a UIL chapter receive preference?

You tube video #6 minute 8:40 - 9:10

Yes, I've actually sat and watched the speech.  No, I did not throw up.  Yes, I debated jumping out the window.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Mr. Timmons:  Why the deadline for football in the middle of the season?

Mr. Timmons:  If TASO goes away who will do the training? What training modules do you specifically have now for football?

Mr. Timmons:  Who in the heck are you going to get to work all of your week 10 games if UIL locks out the officials.

" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
Mr. Timmons,

The UIL has taken the position that a chapter can be TASO affiliated or UIL affiliated.   Yet you told the Houston basketball chapter that UIL chapters would receive preference.*  In addition, you said, “I’m here to represent those who are here for me.”*  Why would a UIL chapter receive preference?

You tube video #6 minute 8:40 - 9:10

Yes, I've actually sat and watched the speech.  No, I did not throw up.  Yes, I debated jumping out the window.

Seeing it in person was quite the experience.

Offline QAfta

• FAN REACTION: +2/-2
Mr. Timmons: In previous meetings you have talked about a board for each sport.  Is there anything in writing what their duties are? And if the board enacts a policy do you have to follow it?

Mr. Fitch:  What has TASO done to help with the accountability issue, besides remind UIL that coaches can always scratch an official?  And is their any talk about using technology to help the situation (i.e. video conferencing)?

texref

Mr. Timmons - During the recent TASO/UIL meeting you made a commitment to issue a joint statement with Mike Fitch. Why didn't it happen as agreed to?

Mr. Timmons - During the recent TASO/UIL meeting you agreed to send a copy of the audio recording of that meeting to Mike Fitch. Have you done that yet?

ornery1

Mr. Timmons;   What was the turning point in getting all these officials registered? Today alone, it has doubled!! Great job boss, keep up the good work!!!!

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
Mr. Timmons;   What was the turning point in getting all these officials registered? Today alone, it has doubled!! Great job boss, keep up the good work!!!!

And how many of those do you think are legitimate registrations?  From what I gather that a lot of folks realize you can register to see the list and have created bogus registrations so they can see the list.  They will be lucky if only 200 of those are legitimate.

ornery1

Jason;

Its real son, when you can click on their name and see their face, its real. Plus, I'm loving the fact that I'm seeing some crew chiefs from Dallas, Austin and Houston getting on board. Great job guys!!!!

ballhog

ornery you have no idea whats happening in your world much less what is happening in Austin. Fish your own pond we can handle our decision

ornery1

Ballhog;

Just speaking the truth. Sorry but the truth don't lie. Just wondering if Bud Alexander knows that a bunch of his American Southwest guys are also registering by the car loads. Hmmm guess he didnt tell the boys. Stigliano would be proud of his boys also, they are jumping at the chance to be part of the UIL.

Look the names up, if you see a picture, its probably them.

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
Mr. Timmons;   What was the turning point in getting all these officials registered? Today alone, it has doubled!! Great job boss, keep up the good work!!!!

^flag

Hey, Nostradumbus/Ornery! Just pack it on down to Houston on a Greyhound on the 18th for the big meeting there! Then you can either help commiserate by offering support for your boss, namely the  :!# Dancing Monkey, or you can get yourself a big bag of peanuts and hurl one at him everytime he attempts to dance the "sidestep!"  Oh! And a big P.S. : You better start getting more than just a tad concerned about all those 'massive' TASO defections over to the UIL~ Lord only knows that if that trend were to continue, it may very well shoot you flat out of the saddle on all of those three-game UIL playoff weekends that you've been busy lathering over!  z^
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:11:30 AM by arbitrator »

504coach

Hey Ornery,

Have Joe and Angie signed up yet?

ballhog

Ballhog;

Just speaking the truth. Sorry but the truth don't lie. Just wondering if Bud Alexander knows that a bunch of his American Southwest guys are also registering by the car loads. Hmmm guess he didnt tell the boys. Stigliano would be proud of his boys also, they are jumping at the chance to be part of the UIL.

Look the names up, if you see a picture, its probably them.

Same answer, you have not a clue about who is a crew chief in Austin. Go back to soliciting play off games that is something you know about.....

Cooter

To FITCH:

TASO supporters have been quick to note that UIL has no infrastructure to provide training, by laws, and many other items necessary for a successful organization.  However, I have yet to receive as much as a membership card from TASO this year and the website is a joke when utilized for training or recruiting purposes.  How does TASO think it can provide these items when it can't even provide the easiest things necessary for an organization (membership cards - pay to update a website)?

Offline TXMike

Perhaps you have a chapter issue on the card as we have ours here.  As for the website, I think TASO will the first to say the website was never designed to be a training tool, although it has had some limited usefulness in that regard.  It was designed for other purposes.  I trust the new website that is coming is developed with more of a training focus in mind.

Cooter

Perhaps you have a chapter issue on the card as we have ours here.  As for the website, I think TASO will the first to say the website was never designed to be a training tool, although it has had some limited usefulness in that regard.  It was designed for other purposes.  I trust the new website that is coming is developed with more of a training focus in mind.

Thank You Mr. Fitch.  Your response was much appreciated. 

At some point, the Democrats are going to have to stop blaming Bush for their problems - to be quite honest, the public is getting tired of it an sees thru it.

At some point, TASO is going to have to quit blaming the local chapters for their problems - to be quite honest, the membership is getting tired of it and sees thru it.

Offline TXMike

If the Chapters have the cards and have not distributed how is that a TASO-state issue?

rickref

We have our cards.