Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
National Federation Discussion / Re: KO Penalty - Referee Mag
« Last post by FLAHL on Today at 10:00:20 AM »
It’s been said on here several times - read Referee Magazine for the articles. Read Redding’s for quizzes.
National Federation Discussion / KO Penalty - Referee Mag
« Last post by zoom on Today at 08:05:58 AM »
Here is a challenge with this question.  Can anyone think of a 5 yard foul by K that would tack on under the new rule and would "fix" this question?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

« Last post by CalhounLJ on Today at 06:50:58 AM »
As someone who must proofread constantly, I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying. but still, even a rudimentary second glance at this situation should have caught the error.
« Last post by Magician on Yesterday at 09:47:19 AM »
:puke:
Understand. But I'd let at least one of my fellow officials look it over before publishing.  That would reduce the chances of such a blatant error.
Not always possible with timing and not always perfect either. When I was doing my play I would send it out to 600 people and when I made an error I would maybe get 3 or 4 replies pointing it out. I know some probably assume others will do it, but many won't notice. I just say until you have been in the position where you are publishing play scenarios it's really easy to be critical. As easy at is to misread a question on a quiz it's that easy to mess it up when writing one as well.
« Last post by bama_stripes on Yesterday at 09:11:32 AM »
 :puke:
As someone who has published quizzes that I read and re-read many times before sending them out, you would be surprised that how often you overlook something. It's not as easy as you think. It's usually the result of changing one thing in the question and forgetting all the ways it impacts the answer.

Understand. But I'd let at least one of my fellow officials look it over before publishing.  That would reduce the chances of such a blatant error.
Texas Topics / Re: TASO Shirts
« Last post by Etref on April 20, 2018, 07:52:50 PM »
Then why are they showing as authorized on the Taso attachment on your post?

One is officalsgear.net and the other is offficalsoutlet. Two different companies
« Last post by prab on April 20, 2018, 04:35:17 PM »

Can't they assign someone to fact-check these quizzes in a 30-day period?

To paraphrase the late, great, Eli Wallach, from one of his movies, "Facts? We don't need no stinkin' facts!"
« Last post by Magician on April 20, 2018, 04:15:02 PM »
As someone who has published quizzes that I read and re-read many times before sending them out, you would be surprised that how often you overlook something. It's not as easy as you think. It's usually the result of changing one thing in the question and forgetting all the ways it impacts the answer.
National Federation Discussion / Re: New Force
« Last post by AlUpstateNY on April 20, 2018, 01:47:28 PM »
I can live with the rule but I don't believe we should award R a TB.  B should blow it dead and it be declared dead at the 6.

By rule no, but fair yes.

It can ABSOLUTELY be both "fair" and "by rule".  NFHS 2-1-1 tells us, "A live ball is a ball in play. A ball becomes live when the ball has been legally snapped or free kicked and a down is in progress". NFHS 2-1-1 advises "a dead ball is a ball not in play"

During a kick, the ball becomes live, when (FREE: when kicked, SCRIMMAGE: after a legal snap) and stays "live" until it's no longer in play. There are detailed instructions for when, "the ball becomes dead and the down is ended NFHS 4-2-2-A through L (item "D" refers specifically to during kicks (Free &/or Scrimmage). Item E2 specifically relates to a motionless, grounded loose ball.

In essence, the "covering official" is responsible to determine whether, "a kick at rest becomes dead by his judgment whether the ball remains "in play".
National Federation Discussion / Re: New Force
« Last post by ChicagoZebra on April 20, 2018, 11:01:53 AM »
I can live with the rule but I don't believe we should award R a TB.  B should blow it dead and it be declared dead at the 6.

By rule no, but fair yes.

You have players running after a loose ball and you are going to blow it dead?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10