Author Topic: Patent leather belt?  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Morningrise

• FAN REACTION: +24/-7
Patent leather belt?
« on: March 16, 2018, 09:48:08 AM »
What do people (especially supervisors and observers) think about patent leather for a belt? Good or bad?

I used to have patent leather shoes and they worked great, but everyone says to keep your shoes shiny and nobody says to keep your belt shiny. And this ain't basketball.

Online bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
Re: Patent leather belt?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:28:37 AM »
What do people (especially supervisors and observers) think about patent leather for a belt? Good or bad?

I used to have patent leather shoes and they worked great, but everyone says to keep your shoes shiny and nobody says to keep your belt shiny. And this ain't basketball.

I've worn one forever and nobody has ever said anything at any level about it.  It's just personal preference.  No big deal.

Offline VaBackJudge

• FAN REACTION: +4/-1
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 10:28:40 AM »
On a somewhat related note, does anyone who wears a patent leather belt have a good source for for purchasing one that isn't terribly thick? Not taking about the width of the belt, but the actual thickness. I like the patent leather look, but all of the ones I have seen/purchased so far seem to be unusually thick. I have a nice old regular leather belt (from Honig's, I think) which takes a good shine, but is starting to show some cracks...

Online bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 08:40:32 AM »
On a somewhat related note, does anyone who wears a patent leather belt have a good source for for purchasing one that isn't terribly thick? Not taking about the width of the belt, but the actual thickness. I like the patent leather look, but all of the ones I have seen/purchased so far seem to be unusually thick. I have a nice old regular leather belt (from Honig's, I think) which takes a good shine, but is starting to show some cracks...

Smitty brand is pretty good.

Offline Sumstine

• FAN REACTION: +70/-10
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 12:50:59 PM »

Supervisors are much more interested in your overall physical ability to move and manage a game. If you are athletic, know your mechanics and have excellent judgment especially considering philosophy and the spirit of the rule you can get away with the $7.99 belt hanging on the Wallmart rack. But being old school I like leather with a little ArmorAll Leather Care.