Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
NCAA Discussion / Re: 2024 CFO Quiz 2
« Last post by ElvisLives on Today at 03:06:15 PM »
The answers have been published.

#3, they rule that the play clock should be 40 seconds, because of the defensive 'helmet off.' I debated that in my mind, and went with 25. I'm OK with that, if they would put the priority of such events in the rules. Stopping the clock for a penalty completion is listed in the same section as the helmet off, but there is nothing that says the helmet off supersedes the penalty completion. If that's what they want, OK. Just put it in the rules, so we aren't having to go by interpretations (ARs or quiz rulings).

#6, OK, so a successful challenge returns the T/O to the team, but it counts as T/O for the purpose of consecutive times out, so Team A isn't granted their request, and get a delay foul. Just for TV. Kinda sucks. Again, put this in the rule.

Non-Officiating Discussion / Re: Morning humor
« Last post by ElvisLives on Today at 10:29:52 AM »
Well, thatís kind like OJ Simpson running for a 30 yard gain, which gets called back for a holding call behind the NZ (no, not for a murder). That run never existed, officially. Since the pitches from that previous at-bat donít carry over, it seems to me that the previous at-bat never existed, either. In physical reality, yeah, 10. But, officially, only 6.

Either way, Bubba (base runner or OJís blocker) is on the bench eatiní another hot dog, and doesnít really care.
A good way to determine if a new force has been applied to a grounded ball is answer three questions:

#1. Did the applied impetus change the forward/backward direction of the ball? In other words, did it cause a forward-rolling ball to go backward? Or vise-versa. if it did, it's a new force.

#2. Did the applied impetus cause a stationary ball to start moving again? If it did, it's a new force.

#3. Did the player applying the applied impetus do so intentionally? If so, it's illegal batting/kicking.

In the case of the errant snap, the initial force is the snap, and as long as there was no intentional effort by either team to put the ball in the endzone, they can bat it around all they want, as long as they don't change the initial direction, it's the force of the snap that puts the ball in the endzone. So, safety.
Wouldn't this boil down to whether the final muff by B was a new force or not? 

2.13.1 says "Initial force results from a carry, fumble, kick, pass or snap.  After a fumble, kick or backward pass has been grounded, a new force may result from a bat, an illegal kick or a muff."  Do you think that wording intentionally includes the muff of a grounded backward pass as a new force while not including a grounded snap?  Poster above said a snap is a backward pass but if the answer to this test question is accurate, then it can't be treated the same.
« Last post by Ralph Damren on Today at 06:45:15 AM »
We are looking for the maximum number of pitches Lil' Sam can take before he either walks or strikes out.

(1) Lefty runs the count to 3 and 2;

(2) Big ole' Bubba ,a runner at 1st with 2 outs, isn't paying attiention to Lefty, the pitcher;

(3) Lefty picks Bubba off, inning ends;

(4) Lil' Sam leads off next inning with a new count;

(5) Lefty again runs Little Sam's count to 3-2;

(6) After 10 pitches, the 11th is either ball 4 or strike 3.
« Last post by ElvisLives on Yesterday at 08:09:50 PM »
Guys, he doesn't have a bat..so he can't hit any foul balls 8]

HINT: Big ole' Bubba - the runner at 1st - is more interesterd in ougling yhr prom queen than watching lefty, the pitcher. :P

Well, then, if the defense elects to give him first base, Liíl Sam would not have to see any pitches. But, my baseball days ended before the Ďpitchless walkí became a thing. Do they have to issue the walk before Sam moves to the plate? If not, and, as defensive manager, I see Sam come to the plate batless, Iím gonna take my chances that my pitcher can groove 3 outta 6 pitches, to get an easy out. If he doesnít, I havenít lost anything more than if Iíd given Sam 1st base. Then Iíll send my pitcher to the JV team, or put him permanently on the end of the bench. Donít know what ogleing Bubba has to do with this, butÖ
Iím probably missing something, but, then, the last baseball game I worked was in 1987.
« Last post by Ralph Damren on Yesterday at 06:58:56 PM »
Guys, he doesn't have a bat..so he can't hit any foul balls 8]

HINT: Big ole' Bubba - the runner at 1st - is more interesterd in ougling yhr prom queen than watching lefty, the pitcher. :P
« Last post by dammitbobby on Yesterday at 12:15:23 PM »
BEFORE he walks or strikes out? That would be 5 - 3 balls and 2 strikes. So whatís the trick answer?

I know nothing of baseball rules, is there a limit on the number of foul balls?

My answer is: whatever number of pitches the pitcher has left before he hits his max pitch count.
In my estimation the determining Factor here is: would the ball have gone into the end zone had no one touched it? Huddle up on the goal line and come up with an answer!

This.  When in doubt, it would have, and from the original force.
In my estimation the determining Factor here is: would the ball have gone into the end zone had no one touched it? Huddle up on the goal line and come up with an answer!
« Last post by ElvisLives on May 18, 2024, 04:55:35 PM »
BEFORE he walks or strikes out? That would be 5 - 3 balls and 2 strikes. So whatís the trick answer?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10