Author Topic: Morning humor  (Read 176 times)

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Morning humor
« on: May 09, 2024, 09:20:47 AM »
What痴 brown and sticky?

A stick.
覧覧覧覧覧覧-

My friend said, 展hat rhymes with orange? I told him, 哲o it doesn稚.

覧覧覧覧覧覧-

How many apples grow on a tree?

All of them.

Enjoy your days, everybody. 😀

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: Morning humor
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 06:14:08 AM »
Big ole' Bubba is a runner at 1st with 2 outs. Lil' Sam is coming to bat. His coach pulls him over and instructs : "Sam, yo know you can't hit Lefty, the pitcher, so just leave you bat here and maybe you'll walk. "

* NFHS don't require a batter to have a bat, he just can't have an illegal one.

WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PITCHES THAT LIL' SAM CAN TAKE BEFORE HE EITHER WALKS (HAPPLY ENDING) OR STRIKES OUT (SAD ENDING). ??? ??? ??? tR:oLl

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 04:55:35 PM »
BEFORE he walks or strikes out? That would be 5 - 3 balls and 2 strikes. So what痴 the trick answer?

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:15:23 PM »
BEFORE he walks or strikes out? That would be 5 - 3 balls and 2 strikes. So what痴 the trick answer?

I know nothing of baseball rules, is there a limit on the number of foul balls?

My answer is: whatever number of pitches the pitcher has left before he hits his max pitch count.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:58:56 PM »
Guys, he doesn't have a bat..so he can't hit any foul balls 8]

HINT: Big ole' Bubba - the runner at 1st - is more interesterd in ougling yhr prom queen than watching lefty, the pitcher. :P

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:09:50 PM »
Guys, he doesn't have a bat..so he can't hit any foul balls 8]

HINT: Big ole' Bubba - the runner at 1st - is more interesterd in ougling yhr prom queen than watching lefty, the pitcher. :P

Well, then, if the defense elects to give him first base, Li値 Sam would not have to see any pitches. But, my baseball days ended before the 叢itchless walk became a thing. Do they have to issue the walk before Sam moves to the plate? If not, and, as defensive manager, I see Sam come to the plate batless, I知 gonna take my chances that my pitcher can groove 3 outta 6 pitches, to get an easy out. If he doesn稚, I haven稚 lost anything more than if I壇 given Sam 1st base. Then I値l send my pitcher to the JV team, or put him permanently on the end of the bench. Don稚 know what ogleing Bubba has to do with this, but
I知 probably missing something, but, then, the last baseball game I worked was in 1987.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:45:15 AM »
We are looking for the maximum number of pitches Lil' Sam can take before he either walks or strikes out.

(1) Lefty runs the count to 3 and 2;

(2) Big ole' Bubba ,a runner at 1st with 2 outs, isn't paying attiention to Lefty, the pitcher;

(3) Lefty picks Bubba off, inning ends;

(4) Lil' Sam leads off next inning with a new count;

(5) Lefty again runs Little Sam's count to 3-2;

(6) After 10 pitches, the 11th is either ball 4 or strike 3.

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #7 on: Today at 10:29:52 AM »
Well, that痴 kind like OJ Simpson running for a 30 yard gain, which gets called back for a holding call behind the NZ (no, not for a murder). That run never existed, officially. Since the pitches from that previous at-bat don稚 carry over, it seems to me that the previous at-bat never existed, either. In physical reality, yeah, 10. But, officially, only 6.

Either way, Bubba (base runner or OJ痴 blocker) is on the bench eatin another hot dog, and doesn稚 really care.