Author Topic: 2011 Playoffs  (Read 60047 times)

ljref86

Re: 2011 Playoffs
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »
14 presnap penalties, defense making contact/offense false starts, 6 soph starters
they lined up clean, but were aggressive early. teams settled down. The game went 2 OT, it was the teams that decided it.
If you hear anything we welcome it, always looking for ways to get better.

Happy Thanksgiving to All !!!

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 01:22:06 PM »
Aside from stuff on the spot, just the general nonspecific fan stuff, i.e. worse crew I have ever seen, yadi yadi yadi....Nobody has offered up any video "proof" of anything so may just be typical fanboy stuff. 

ljref86

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2011, 01:36:48 PM »
Good to hear, Thought  I might have to crawl up on the big screen at Jerry's place and see if could land on my feet.
Congrats on your playoff assignment-Good Luck !!

Hank

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »
Has the spreadsheet been updated yet? :)

If so, I've not seen it.  But Houston got 21, including 2 crews that landed doubles.

The crew that did the Allen/Trinity game is now up to 7 in 3 rounds.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:19:38 AM by Hank »

Offline fencewire

• FAN REACTION: +20/-74
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 06:39:46 PM »
I think that would be 9 in 3 rounds....

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 07:38:01 PM »
Just sent the brackets to Mike for week 3.  He will let us know when he gets them posted.

Offline NTXRef

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Maybe if you guys would start wearing placards, you'd get some games.    ;D
Good one.  Maybe you have one there.  I'll spread the word to all crews to get their placards out. ;D

Hank

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2011, 12:22:14 AM »
I think that would be 9 in 3 rounds....

Sorry, somehow I counted 1 week twice.  Should have been 7 games in 3 rounds.

2 in week 1
3 in week 2
2 in week 3

Don't think they even wear placards.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2011, 06:32:41 AM »
Thanks to Doc!!  The updated bracket is below:

http://www.safootballchapter.us/2011TRNY.xls

Offline psv

• FAN REACTION: +14/-14
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2011, 10:33:21 AM »
Sorry, somehow I counted 1 week twice.  Should have been 7 games in 3 rounds.

2 in week 1
3 in week 2
2 in week 3

Don't think they even wear placards.

Dont worry, it will probably be 9 by playoff's end :)

It's Houston's world.  The rest of us are just squirrells trying to get a nut  ;D

Hank

« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
Dont worry, it will probably be 9 by playoff's end :)

It's Houston's world.  The rest of us are just squirrells trying to get a nut  ;D

It's not even Houston's world.

It's just a SELECT portion of the Houston chapter's world.

This playoff season is DOMINATED by a very small group of crews.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2011, 05:14:16 AM »
Doc has updated the bracket.     tiphat:     See  below:

http://www.safootballchapter.us/2011TRNY.xls

Offline Getting Fat

• FAN REACTION: +5/-6
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2011, 10:18:38 AM »
Thanks Doc, anybody else notice Lake Travis Cedar Park going outside Austin for the second year in a row...?

Offline Birddog

• FAN REACTION: +2/-2
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2011, 11:20:34 AM »
Thanks Doc, anybody else notice Lake Travis Cedar Park going outside Austin for the second year in a row...?

Any in-site on how the chapter is picked?  Does one school get to pick the place and the other the officials, just curious.  I would think if they cant agree on the Chapter it goes to the UIL.  Shame the Austin guys don't have this game.

Offline TexDoc

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2011, 11:25:51 AM »
Any in-site on how the chapter is picked?  Does one school get to pick the place and the other the officials, just curious.  I would think if they cant agree on the Chapter it goes to the UIL.  Shame the Austin guys don't have this game.

It is a shame.  What you want to do is tell them to go find a chapter for all of their regular season games, sub varsity and all, next year.  We all know the UIL would never support that.

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 11:27:27 AM »
Just noticed something that made me chuckle...we have that other thread about the La Marque/Ozen brawl and how today both sides are blaming officials. Who did they request for this weeks'  game? Same chapter....

Offline mishatx

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
  • Free Agent
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »
It is a shame.  What you want to do is tell them to go find a chapter for all of their regular season games, sub varsity and all, next year.  We all know the UIL would never support that.

I suggested that to a member of our board. Between the two of them, The have like 8 JV teams, 22 Freshman teams, 48 8th grade teams and 196 7th grade teams, so I figured the mileage from SA or Killeen might bankrupt one of them.

Don't think the board's gonna go for it, though.

Hank

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »
Just noticed something that made me chuckle...we have that other thread about the La Marque/Ozen brawl and how today both sides are blaming officials. Who did they request for this weeks'  game? Same chapter....

The game you're referencing is La Marque v Manvel.  Those are both schools that use the Houston chapter.

It seems natural that they would use the Houston chapter.

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
Still funny. They're b***ing and moaning about how horrible the officials were in that game but when they have a chance to get other officials, they dont do it. Maybe those releases they issued were just for the public face because they knew they screwed up? I'd actually be OK with that. I dont mind the fans hating and blaming me for all their woes.

Offline psv

• FAN REACTION: +14/-14
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »
From what I have seen, the team doing all the bellyaching is Ozen, and they lost.  I havent seen anything from LaMarque.  I might have missed something though.

sNiCkErS

Offline Joe Stack

• FAN REACTION: +33/-46
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »
8 JV teams, 22 Freshman teams, 48 8th grade teams and 196 7th grade teams

If I were on the board, there's no way I would tell the schools anything but that we'll be back for next year. You don't want to give up this many games for your younger officials and crews that want to work early season subvarsity games together. Not to mention you are creating hard feelings where there weren't any and torching bridges is not a good idea for anyone.

Don't screw your chapter with idiotic, emotional decisions based on who a coach picked for a playoff game. There are legit reasons to tell a school to go jump in the lake. Not getting picked for a game, even if your chapter works both schools, is nowhere near one of them.

Offline TexDoc

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2011, 08:37:13 AM »
If I were on the board, there's no way I would tell the schools anything but that we'll be back for next year. You don't want to give up this many games for your younger officials and crews that want to work early season subvarsity games together. Not to mention you are creating hard feelings where there weren't any and torching bridges is not a good idea for anyone.

Don't screw your chapter with idiotic, emotional decisions based on who a coach picked for a playoff game. There are legit reasons to tell a school to go jump in the lake. Not getting picked for a game, even if your chapter works both schools, is nowhere near one of them.

I can agree with that to a point, but the coach needs a stern phone call or a visit from a chapter leader reminding him that the chapter supports his program all year and that going outside of the chapter when playing a school that uses the same chapter is really inappropriate and leaves the impression that the coach does not reciprocate the support the chapter has provided.  No threats, no innuendos, just facts.  Then remind him that his program is at the bottom of the list for coverage and that all other schools will be covered before those in his program.  If the chapter runs short officials, his will be the first school to be without.

Offline Joe Stack

• FAN REACTION: +33/-46
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
the coach needs a stern phone call or a visit from a chapter leader reminding him that the chapter supports his program all year and that going outside of the chapter when playing a school that uses the same chapter is really inappropriate and leaves the impression that the coach does not reciprocate the support the chapter has provided.

I've got really bad news for you: he isn't going to care. The chapter doesn't "support" the program; the chapter provides a service for a fee.

Instead of organizing a meeting with the coach, why don't you organize a clinic or training session to make your officials better? A really good chapter is going to make it hard for the coach not to use in the future.

Offline TexDoc

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
I've got really bad news for you: he isn't going to care. The chapter doesn't "support" the program; the chapter provides a service for a fee.

Instead of organizing a meeting with the coach, why don't you organize a clinic or training session to make your officials better? A really good chapter is going to make it hard for the coach not to use in the future.

A bit rude of you to infer that the chapter just doesn't have good officials.  How do you know?  Have you worked in the Austin Chapter?  I'm not there now, but I can tell you they have officials just as good as anyone in the state!  I spent 7 years on that chapter.  The problem is not with the officials, the problem is with the coach.  And we do offer a service that supports their football program.  I would like to see them play the games with coaches officiating.

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2011, 01:33:31 PM »
I would like to see them play the games with coaches officiating.

^flag

Yeah, Doc! I'd have to say that I'd quickly part with American greenbacks just to witness that for myself!   z^