Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
National Federation Discussion / Re: Chain Placement
« Last post by Ralph Damren on Today at 09:52:35 AM »
This *used* to be correct.  I think it was changed as part of the 1996 revisions.
Very close, 'Bama, it was 1997  :). Our annual meetings used to be "traveling road shows" back then and that year we met in the frozen tundra of Alaska. The temp was WAY below zero and with only 4 hours of sunlight, we may have had our most productive. Along with passing 5-3-1, we also passed the following:
 4-2-2k  Ball becomes dead if runner's hat comes off.
 6-5-6    K can touch airborne kick if no R player present.
 9-4-3    RTP tacked on to EOR if pass completed.
 9-4-5    RTS = auto 1st down.

We had to work hard to stay warm  8], but the beer was cold  yEs:
« Last post by HLinNC on Today at 09:17:52 AM »
I think it was changed as part of the 1996 revisions.

I started in '94.  I believe it is newer than that.  I'll have to find my list.
There have been several games statewide that have been forfeited due to Covid-related lack of numbers.
Some schools have resorted to remote classes for a week or two to try to lessen the outbreaks, but the athletes are still allowed to practice and play.
Our "CCs" (Covid cancellations) aren't considered forfeits, just no game. I am still uncertain how post season will be handled. Vermont had a creative way of handling last year's post season. They had an open playoff of any schools that wanted to partake ,regardless of record. The names of all participating schools were put in a hat and the pairings would be decided by a drawing, so the teams with the two best records OR the teams with the two worst records could meet in the first round.

[/IN CHALLANGING TIMES, CREATIVITY IS A VALUBLE COMMONITY....
                                                        - AUTHOR UNKNOWN
b]
NCAA Discussion / Policy/Procedure Question
« Last post by bama_stripes on Today at 07:30:25 AM »
What is the typical FBS policy/procedure when the down number is in question?
What is likely to happen to a crew that shorts a team a down even after consulting replay?
There have been several games statewide that have been forfeited due to Covid-related lack of numbers.
Some schools have resorted to remote classes for a week or two to try to lessen the outbreaks, but the athletes are still allowed to practice and play.
« Last post by bama_stripes on Today at 07:20:47 AM »
Runner reaches line to gain. After the play, deadball personal foul on A.

Set the chains for a 1st down and then walk off the 15 yards for a 1st and 25?

This *used* to be correct.  I think it was changed as part of the 1996 revisions.
NCAA Discussion / Re: Mississippi St vs Memphis punt return
« Last post by Clear Lake ref on Today at 06:59:16 AM »
2 players with same number also an issue.
Our state association has added a cravat to teammates of a Corona-positive player. IF a player has been vaccinated ,he can keep on playing; IF not, he has to quarantine for 10 days. I'm told that many high school athletes can be seen in vaccination lines.
Regrettably the vaccination lines weren't as long as we had hoped  :'(, as many games have been cancelled because of positive testing resulting in not enough non-quarantined players to field a team. Schools that are forced to regress to remote study because of outbreaks can not practice or play any sports. Our season is into the 4th week, so far I've worked two games and had two games cancelled.....and yours  ???.
« Last post by Ralph Damren on Today at 05:14:51 AM »
The tricky situation to remember is, when a team is in a hurry-up offense, the ball is snapped before the RFP on a new series. The DOG penalty would then require the chains to be reset after the mark off for 1st & 10. The umpire  sNiCkErS should also be required to buy the first round for sleeping with his eyes open. :)
National Federation Discussion / Re: Stiff Arm to facemask
« Last post by blandis on Yesterday at 10:40:55 PM »
Remember, the rules don't include our feelings. This is still a rough game and needs to be respected as such.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10