Author Topic: Forum upgrade  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
Forum upgrade
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:57:09 PM »
I recently had to do another forum upgrade because one of our add-ons was causing issues with the registration.  Basically, no one could register because of the issue.  So, I upgraded this afternoon and tested the registration.  It looks to be working now. 

If you have tried to register in the past month or so (I'm guessing on the timeframe) and were not able to register, please try again.  If you still have issues, send an email to admin@refstripes.com and let us know.

With this upgrade, we lost a few of the features like the icons for each section, etc.  I'll try to work on getting those back in the near future. 

If you see any issues, please let me know at admin@refstripes.com.

Thank you!
Grant

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Re: Forum upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 02:15:44 PM »
FYI, I like the notification by color that a new posting has been made to a forum, since my last visit to that forum. The TODAY, YESTERDAY feature is helpful, but I don't know for 100% certain that there truly is a new posting unless I open the forum.
Keep up the good work.

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
Re: Forum upgrade
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:40:26 AM »
FYI, I like the notification by color that a new posting has been made to a forum, since my last visit to that forum. The TODAY, YESTERDAY feature is helpful, but I don't know for 100% certain that there truly is a new posting unless I open the forum.
Keep up the good work.

With the current setup, if the icon is red, there is a new post since you last checked that individual section. 

Some people may know this, but I'm guessing most don't.  For anyone who reads everything on the site, there is a link at the top right (just under your username) that says, "Show unread posts since last visit."  This will just list all the unread topics on a single page.  It tells you what section they are in, but you don't have to visit different sections to see all of the unread topics.