Author Topic: scrimmage kick--fg attempt  (Read 9809 times)

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: scrimmage kick--fg attempt
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2022, 06:42:05 AM »
Current wording:  2-41-10...The succeeding spot is where the ball would next be snapped or free kicked if a foul had not occurred.

What new problem(s) would revising the specific wording create?  2-41-10...The succeeding spot is where the ball would next be snapped or free kicked prior to penalty enforcement(s).

I believe that this would/could be considered a simple "editorial change" since it does not really change the intent of the rule IMHO.
At first glance, it wouldn’t be a problem. It also wouldn’t solve this problem though.  The spot would still be where the ball would next be snapped or free kicked. Which in this case would be the first play in overtime. 

IMHO, the most effective way to rectify this situation is to Simply rule that the 10-4-2 exception doesn’t apply because at the time the ball becomes dead we don’t know whether K will be the next to put the ball in play. This could be done at the rule interpreters meeting. And administered by a case play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline CalhounLJ

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2022, 09:19:18 PM »
CalhounLJ -
Here is what I will do. The NFHS Rules Interpreter meeting this July in San Antonio, TX. and I will pose your play situation on the floor.
Now, this meeting is supposed to have the SRI (or his/her designee) from every member state.
Do they all show up?  Nope? 
Hopefully there will be a good turnout as allowing the passer to throw the ball away is a BIG BIG change. It would be nice if everyone at least started out of the same page.  I believe this will be a ZOOM meeting along with an in person meeting.
Some of you may wish to contact your SRI and see if they will be attending, if not, volunteer your services.

Remember this is a rules interpreter meeting so no rules will be changed, rather they will be interpreted.

CalhounLJ - Please let me know which member state you are from? PM me if you would like!

Thank you
Any word on how this came out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline KWH

• FAN REACTION: +633/-113
  • See it, Think about it, Pass on it if possible!
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2022, 12:31:13 PM »

Sorry Calhoun - I had a family situation which unfortunately kept me from going to San Antonio

But, I have not forgotten you or your play, believe me my friend.
SEE everything that you CALL, but; Don't CALL everything you SEE!
Never let the Rules Book get in the way of a great ball game!

Respectfully Submitted;
Some guy on a message forum

Offline CalhounLJ

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2022, 02:14:01 PM »
Sorry to hear about that. no problem.