Author Topic: Honorees  (Read 15662 times)

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
Honorees
« on: November 24, 2017, 06:18:47 PM »
Congratulations and a huge  tiphat: to the following members:

Grant - AR - Although his User ID is no longer active, Grant is the Founding Father of RefStripes. Without his vision and foresight in June, 2005, RefStripes would not exist. Grant still lurks around and is invaluable to me when I need help.

TXMike - Mike is always able to come up with that video we all want to see when no one else can find it. I consider him our You Tube video expert. While we haven’t always agreed, we do share a common bond when it comes to our kids. He knows what I mean and I’ll leave it at that.

Ralph Damren - A member of the NFHS Football Rules Committee, Ralph helps us all understand the whys and rationale behind Federation Rules. We may not agree with the rules, but Ralph is our voice when it comes to rule updates. (We can even overlook his obsession with New England’s professional sports teams 🏈⚾️). 😂

wlemonnier — A retired Big 10 Referee (and among the best in the country), Bill’s insight to NCAA rules is something we probably have that others can only wish for. Bill currently serves as a TV Rules Expert and while he doesn’t post a lot, he is often logged in from his game site, particularly during Bowl season on the Bowl Chat. Bill is also a financial contributor to RefStripes and annually produces excellent High School training videos.

Thanks to all of these honorees for their contributions to the game.  :bOW
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 02:47:32 AM by Rulesman »
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline goodgrr

• Roger Goodgroves
  • FAN REACTION: +13/-12
  • We are always learning
Re: Honorees
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 12:54:49 AM »
And don't forget about yourself Rulesman, we all value what you do for us.

Offline Rulesman

• Refstripes Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 01:31:42 AM »
Thanks, but that’s not for me to decide. I’m not dumping accolades on myself. That’s not why I do this.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 09:05:03 AM »
 tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: to all of you.  Your expertise and dedication makes us all better.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 07:06:46 PM »
I thought my life ended when McGriffs went offline.  The Refstripes was born and somehow all those from McGriffs made their way here and life continues.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 08:04:24 AM »
I'm very flattered to be considered. Our fearless leaders, Rulesman and Carol certainly deserve many  tiphat: pHiNzuP aWaRd tiphat: for keeping us all in line.

Monday morning trivia  :) :

In the Baseball Hall of Fame, there is a member that is in ONLY because he lost a coin toss! Does anyone know who  ??? ??? ?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:10:56 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 09:03:47 AM »
ANSWER TO ABOVE TRIVIA ON BASEBALL SITE....

Offline wlemonnier

• FAN REACTION: +46/-2
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »
Thanks for the recognition.  Much appreciated.  Might not be posting much anymore but I read daily the comments and questions.  Look forward to another bowl season doing the chats.
Bill LeMonnier

Offline Archie

• FAN REACTION: +6/-4
Let's don't forget Elvis....
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 10:20:42 AM »
Elvis has added great content here for years.  Thank you Elvis.

Offline Coby

• FAN REACTION: +24/-72
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 09:18:12 PM »
I thought my life ended when McGriffs went offline.  The Refstripes was born and somehow all those from McGriffs made their way here and life continues.

This * 1000

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Re: Let's don't forget Elvis....
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 06:58:07 AM »

Somehow missed this until today.  Appreciate the kind words.  Had lots of help over the years; just trying to give back a little.  Lots of folks making great contributions here, especially those mentioned above.  Let’s all keep up the good work, and keep having fun.

Robert

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
  • Australian Gridiron Officials Association
    • Gridironwest
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 07:11:36 PM »

yEs:
For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

Offline LAZebra

• FAN REACTION: +4/-1
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 02:41:26 PM »

BTW, Gary McGriff is still very involved in helping officials in Alabama. He handles the radio communication (as well as any other technical issues), acts as liaison to the television folks,  and serves as the photographer of the officials at our championship events.  A very selfless guy!
None of these fans paid to see us

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »
Let’s be sure to include Kalle in this discussion.  Amazing knowledge and insight for someone that lives in an area where American football is not a primary sport. That displays extraordinary commitment and self-motivation.  Bravo to him.

Robert

Offline Rulesman

• Refstripes Hero
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 08:53:53 PM »
Let’s be sure to include Kalle in this discussion.  Amazing knowledge and insight for someone that lives in an area where American football is not a primary sport. That displays extraordinary commitment and self-motivation.  Bravo to him.

Robert
Agree. I'll take nominations from the members for the next few weeks. Nominees should be members a minimum of 3-5 years and mirror similar qualifications to what Elvis laid out for Kalle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 09:01:47 PM by Rulesman »
- Vince Lombardi

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +109/-35
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 05:19:00 AM »
BTW, Gary McGriff is still very involved in helping officials in Alabama. He handles the radio communication (as well as any other technical issues), acts as liaison to the television folks,  and serves as the photographer of the officials at our championship events.  A very selfless guy!

Say hi to him when you next see him. McGriff's site was probably the one single reason why I've become somewhat versed in the football rules.

I'm honored to even be mentioned alongside you, TXMike, Bill, Ralph and others listed here, alongside several others who haven't been listed. I think this is a group effort - I doubt none of us would have spent our time here without the others, we have all learned a lot while also giving a lot (my motto is to speak my mind aloud, then if/when I'm corrected I learn faster - and perhaps others learn from my mistake).

It's also weird how you've spent years discussing rules with good people and never having met any of them in person (I've met Hawkeye but none of you others). But that is the excellent thing about this thing called Internet - the distances and borders disappear.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 09:39:17 AM »
I HEREBY NOMINATE :

RULESMAN

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »
I HEREBY NOMINATE :

RULESMAN

I'M A NOTARY, AND IN MAINE, CAN OFFICIATE WEDDINGS. IN THAT POSITION, I'M 14-2(2 DIVORCES). WITH THAT BACKGROUND, I NOW DECLARE.......

[/"SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE'

((POLLS CLOSE AT 1:00 PM EDT JAN 11,2018)
b]

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 04:51:08 PM »

I'm glad you posted this when you did.  aWaRd

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2023, 11:08:59 AM »
With his, now publicly announced, retirement, I would like to add ElvisLives to this list.  If you have been on this site for any amount of time and haven't learned something from Elvis' posts, you haven't been paying attention.   

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2023, 02:30:38 PM »
Wow. I am humbled. Thank you, Grant. I may stick around here until late December or so. Then, I will ride off into the officiating sunset. It has been a good run, and I will very much miss the camaraderie and fellowship with my friends in the officiating community.
Be safe. Tell your wife how beautiful she is and that you love her. Hug your kids and tell them how much you love them.
I love all you guys.
Thank you, Mr. Blackwood.

Robert Cameron
Lubbock, Texas

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2023, 08:54:22 AM »
Well deserved!
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2023, 07:00:03 AM »
Very well deserved and thank you, Elvis, for your many opinions and imput.  Leaving the field doesn't mean the need to leave the forum, as we value your opinion. I hope you continue to visit and let us know where we can improve.

THANKS, BOB, FOR YOUR 3265 POSTS, MAY WE SEE MANY MORE !!  aWaRd
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 07:07:47 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2023, 01:31:06 PM »
Very well deserved and thank you, Elvis, for your many opinions and imput.  Leaving the field doesn't mean the need to leave the forum, as we value your opinion. I hope you continue to visit and let us know where we can improve.

THANKS, BOB, FOR YOUR 3265 POSTS, MAY WE SEE MANY MORE !!  aWaRd

May God bless you, Ralph.
Thank you.
Robert

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2023, 07:41:12 AM »
You have graced us with your presence, and enlightened us with your knowledge and experience.

Many thanks, Robert!  tiphat: