Author Topic: Easy enforcement question  (Read 4020 times)

joeri

Easy enforcement question
« on: September 15, 2011, 07:17:34 AM »
Hey folks,

I'm coming from NCAA and diving into NFHS.
I just want to confirm something. In NCAA penalty enforcement, there is such a thing as an exception on personal fouls or holdings that happen behind the LOS by the offense, which are enforced from the previous spot. Does that exception exist in Fed as well ? Or is it all all-but-one.
So 1st & 10 on A40, A23 commits holding on A-35, that would be a 10y penalty enforced from A-35 in NFHS, right?

thanks
Joeri

Offline Atlanta Blue

• FAN REACTION: +160/-71
Re: Easy enforcement question
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:28:16 AM »
Correct.

mbyron

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:32:03 AM »
The NFHS rule has an exception for roughing the passer (and maybe something else I can't think of just now), but otherwise everything is all-but-one enforcement.

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »
Yes

Offline Atlanta Blue

• FAN REACTION: +160/-71
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 08:12:30 AM »
The NFHS rule has an exception for roughing the passer (and maybe something else I can't think of just now), but otherwise everything is all-but-one enforcement.

There are no exceptions for fouls by the offense behind the LOS, which was the original question.

What exception exists for RTP?  I guess the new rule that says it's enforced from the dead ball spot rather than the end of the run is an exception, but that still wouldn't apply to plays behind the LOS.

Offline BIG UMP

• FAN REACTION: +9/-1
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »
No, Federation is opposite NCAA rules about fouls behind the basic spot. 

It is the All-But-One-Principal.  All fouls are penalized from the basic spot except fouls by A behind the basic spot and they are penalized from the spot of the foul. 

Opposite NCAA, good question.
Big Ump

"EVERY JOB IS A SELF-PORTRAIT OF THE PERSON WHO DID IT.  AUTOGRAPH YOUR WORK WITH EXCELLENCE."~unknown

Offline Magician

• FAN REACTION: +257/-8
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 02:03:17 PM »
There are no exceptions for fouls by the offense behind the LOS, which was the original question.

What exception exists for RTP?  I guess the new rule that says it's enforced from the dead ball spot rather than the end of the run is an exception, but that still wouldn't apply to plays behind the LOS.
RTP should be a previous spot enforcement since it's a loose ball.  The exception is the foul is enforced from the dead ball spot if A retains the ball throughout the down (simplified wording of course).

joeri

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 07:17:34 AM »
Thanks all for the prompt clarifications.