Author Topic: Texas mizzou  (Read 4941 times)

Offline Clear Lake ref

• FAN REACTION: +5/-2
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Texas mizzou
« on: December 27, 2017, 09:29:55 PM »
Anyone catch the no call at about 7 minutes in the 2nd?

Arm across the face of the receiver knocking his head back before ball arrives.

Offline dvasques

• FAN REACTION: +13/-2
Re: Texas mizzou
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 09:40:40 PM »
seemed clear DPI to me and everybody watching the game here

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 11:24:12 PM »
How about the Unsportsmanlike Fouls on 3 players from Texas at 3 mins. left in the 4th.  Only one 15 yard penalty when 3 players were announced.  Why weren't they stacked and net 45 yards?

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
Texas mizzou
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 07:49:29 AM »
Would never do that unless they were separated by considerable time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 07:57:00 AM »
Would never do that unless they were separated by considerable time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if you announce 3 UNS fouls, then you have to enforce them all.  If you don't want to enforce them all, then just announce one.

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 08:37:49 AM »
Well, if you announce 3 UNS fouls, then you have to enforce them all.  If you don't want to enforce them all, then just announce one.

I thought it was one unsportsmanlike act by 3 players together.  We would only enforce one 15-yard penalty if that's the case.  If all 11 players go into the end zone after a TD and do a choreographed dance, we aren't going to enforce eleven 15-yard penalties.  We would only have one.

Offline bossman72

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 09:38:13 AM »
I thought it was one unsportsmanlike act by 3 players together.  We would only enforce one 15-yard penalty if that's the case.  If all 11 players go into the end zone after a TD and do a choreographed dance, we aren't going to enforce eleven 15-yard penalties.  We would only have one.

I agree.  I didn't see the play. 

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 09:56:07 AM »
I think it is clear how the CFO wants it handled.   After the altercations this season where the Referee gave everyone an UNS (an act that received the CFO support), I think this bridge has been crossed.   Give as many UNS' as you want but only enforce one

Offline bossman72

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 01:33:04 PM »
I think it is clear how the CFO wants it handled.   After the altercations this season where the Referee gave everyone an UNS (an act that received the CFO support), I think this bridge has been crossed.   Give as many UNS' as you want but only enforce one

In those scenarios though, they all offset by rule since they were on both teams.  Doesn't matter if one team had 50 UNS and the other team had 1, they all offset.  This one is a little different as they are all on the same team.

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 03:04:27 PM »
Some years ago, Redding, et al, directed that all UNS that occurred in the same 'event,' even if there were multiple distinct acts, were to be penalized with a single distance penalty.  The example used at the time was a player that scored a TD then threw the ball into the stands as he ran toward the stands, then jumped up into the stands to let the crowd slap congratulate him, then dropped back onto the field and gave the 'throat slash'.  All three of those items are in the same 'event,' so there would only be a single distance penalty.  If he then ran to his team area, then came back on the field, ran to mid-field and stomped the opponent's field logo, that would be a different 'event,' and would earn another distance penalty. 
Similarly, if several teammates performed some sort of choreographed "bomb burst" outside their team area, that would be a single 'event,' that would only yield a single distance penalty.

Now, the two-UNS and out penalty came along during my 'absence' from the game, so I honestly do not know for 100% certain that each participant in a multi-participant event would be charged with a UNS.  Most likely "yes," but someone else will have to confirm (or deny).  Same for whether or not multiple acts by a single player during the same 'event' would yield his DQ - I honestly don't know, but would think so.  Someone else will have to confirm (or deny).

Robert

Offline TxBJ

• FAN REACTION: +9/-6
Texas mizzou
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 07:36:53 PM »
Now, the two-UNS and out penalty came along during my 'absence' from the game
Elvis, I thought your time away was recent. This has been a rule for a long time.

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +109/-35
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 06:52:57 AM »
Elvis, I thought your time away was recent. This has been a rule for a long time.

At least since 2000.

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 07:47:54 AM »
Actually since 1995.  Dang.  I feel a bit silly, now.  I think this is a case on never having had to actually use the rule (never had a player commit two UNSs in a single game), so it didn't stick in my brain like most rules.
But I still don't know the answers to those questions.  I doubt that I have bulletins before 2000 or so, but I will check what I have this weekend, to see if I can find something documented.  Maybe y'all know.

Robert

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 04:29:51 PM »
Well, don’t need any bulletins.  AR 9-2-1-VII covers multiple actions by a single player.  Single 15 yard penalty, plus an auto first, since it was by a B player.  But, no mention of DQ, so multiple actions in the same ‘event’ are just that - a single event, so it only counts as a single UNS, towards the DQ count.

And 9-2-1-I covers multiple participants in a single event.  A single 15 yard penalty, but all participants get a UNS toward their individual DQ counts.

Always learning (or re-learning).

Robert

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 11:24:02 PM »
Well, don’t need any bulletins.  AR 9-2-1-VII covers multiple actions by a single player.  Single 15 yard penalty, plus an auto first, since it was by a B player.  But, no mention of DQ, so multiple actions in the same ‘event’ are just that - a single event, so it only counts as a single UNS, towards the DQ count.

And 9-2-1-I covers multiple participants in a single event.  A single 15 yard penalty, but all participants get a UNS toward their individual DQ counts.

Always learning (or re-learning).

Robert

When all else fails, consult the rule book.  Thanks for finding this.  aWaRd