Author Topic: Waco Area Refs  (Read 2974 times)

Offline baylor_prospectref

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Waco Area Refs
« on: October 01, 2018, 09:58:06 PM »
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to this website and forum.

I am currently a full time student at Baylor university but want to get started in becoming a football official. I was wondering if there are any Officials in the Waco area or Central Texas district that I could maybe observe or talk to so I could get some more experience in the field.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: Waco Area Refs
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 06:59:17 AM »
Wacofootballchapter.com
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline baylor_prospectref

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 08:48:33 AM »
Since I'm kind of joining at an awkward time (middle of the season), is there anything extra I can do other than attending the weekly chapter meetings? I really want to stay pro-active in the time i have between now and next season.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »
Since I'm kind of joining at an awkward time (middle of the season), is there anything extra I can do other than attending the weekly chapter meetings? I really want to stay pro-active in the time i have between now and next season.

This site is a huge resource so get active on here and ask questions.

Offline TxBJ

• FAN REACTION: +9/-6
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »
You might get chain crew or clock operator assignments. This would allow you to hang with the crew and learn.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 01:28:52 PM »
If you are serious about this, and, by that, I mean serious about becoming an official in general, and want to do the job right, whether sub-varsity, varsity HS, or, even, perhaps, some day well in the future, working at more advanced levels, then make "associations," if not close friendships, with local chapter officials that would be willing to attend local HS or Baylor games with you, or, at least watch collegiate games on TV with you, and observe the officials (not the game).  Have them explain what the crew is doing, individually, and collectively, from on-field pre-game, through the end of the game.  This, combined with studying the rules, interpretations, bulletins, and mechanics manuals, will get you moving in the right direction.  Get snaps, and watch all the video you can.
How good you get, and how quickly, depends upon you. Your level of dedication and commitment will be the greatest indicator of how far and high you will go.

Ask questions here.  We are here to help.

Robert

Offline curlyrefjd

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:11 PM »
We will meet at the MCC ESEC Monday night a 6.  Join TASO--If you can get your membership, etc. done, we are shorthanded
on every thursday--you can get sub-var games every thu and probably hook up with some folks to go to var games on Friday and
observe, chart fouls, etc.

Offline BIG DON

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +43/-10
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 08:33:45 PM »

Welcome to the board.  There is wealth of knowledge on this board while I don’t go college ball any longer asked questions and learn from these guys.

do or do not there is no try

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 08:47:41 AM »
Work 7-7 tournaments starting in March/April and going until July. teaches you how to anticipate things faster. And if you ever want to be a deep official, it's invaluable.