Author Topic: Ohio officials  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Tom.OH

• FAN REACTION: +6/-0
Ohio officials
« on: February 25, 2015, 04:26:50 PM »
Is Ohio going to 2" (2 1/4"?) Stripes for this year?  I got an email from Purchase Official Supplies showing one with a new OHSAA logo on it. I had not seen or heard anything before.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's to dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Offline scrounge

• FAN REACTION: +35/-23
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Ohio officials
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 11:21:03 AM »
Flemings now has them too, haven't seen anything official but I guess they're coming. And they're not cheap either. I hope we get at least a couple years of transition - I just got a bunch of shirts last year!

Offline riffraft

• FAN REACTION: +18/-19
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »
That was one of the nice things about working in Ohio, standard shirt with no logos. Could find inexpensive shirts. Came to Arizona, Had to have the logo, position on your back and all had to be dye sublimated. $50 a shirt. So this year I am moving positions, let's buy another one for $50  hEaDbAnG

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 08:52:33 AM »
...and they say we do this for the money.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline azsteam

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 10:38:50 AM »
That was one of the nice things about working in Ohio, standard shirt with no logos. Could find inexpensive shirts. Came to Arizona, Had to have the logo, position on your back and all had to be dye sublimated. $50 a shirt. So this year I am moving positions, let's buy another one for $50  hEaDbAnG

But they look so nice.......

Offline scrounge

• FAN REACTION: +35/-23
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
Just got the email from the state....2 1/4 sublimated shirts allowed in 2015, mandatory for varsity playoff games in 2015, mandatory for all varsity contests in 2016.

A one freaking year transition!!  hEaDbAnG

Offline bkdow

• FAN REACTION: +9/-3
  • Striving for the impossible level of perfection
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 12:07:37 PM »
I'm trying to break into college.  I now have 5 college shirts and will most likely need to order 2 more for fill-in positions this fall.  This is in addition to my 2x 1" high school and my 2x 2 1/4 in high school.  At least they are tax write-offs!
"Don't let perfection get in the way of really good." John Lucivansky