Author Topic: A center sneak  (Read 3916 times)

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +72/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
A center sneak
« on: September 28, 2019, 07:40:00 PM »
I actually had a center sneak play today. It was so weird an unexpected, that I had to talk it over before throwing the flag.

Center "snaps" the ball, it touches the QB's hands, then the center takes it back and runs it in for the TD. Since it never left the center's hands, it wasn't a legal snap.

When I explained the foul to the coach, he said, "Well, I didn't think it was legal, but I figured we'd try it anyway"

After the game, I spent about 10 minutes explaining illegal handing and the "fumblerooski" to a very interested and polite coach. I think it was a overall a good experience.

Offline Hezekiah

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
Re: A center sneak
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 06:56:10 AM »

When I explained the foul to the coach, he said, "Well, I didn't think it was legal, but I figured we'd try it anyway"

That should go down as one of the great quotes!

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 10:35:07 AM »
...And the reason we have 7-3-2a !

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 12:16:51 PM »
We had this happen in a peewee game several years ago that led to a coaches ejection.  They ran it quite well because none of the 3 crew members saw the ball and about 5 seconds later we see the snapper trucking down the field with the ball in tow.  We shut it down and coach went berserk.  He claimed he'd been running it every game.  Likely so coach, but not today.   ^flag

The interesting part was a grandmother approached us in between games and was very nice but was curious about why that was illegal.  I actually grabbed my rule book and showed her the rule and she actually said that the rule book was wrong.   hEaDbAnG

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 01:20:40 PM »
The interesting part was a grandmother approached us in between games and was very nice but was curious about why that was illegal.  I actually grabbed my rule book and showed her the rule and she actually said that the rule book was wrong.   hEaDbAnG

Of course the rule book was wrong.  Anything her little grandson Johnny did had to be perfectly legal.  I mean, he would never do anything wrong...ever!

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 12:05:15 PM »
Of course the rule book was wrong.  Anything her little grandson Johnny did had to be perfectly legal.  I mean, he would never do anything wrong...ever!

The pecking order of the "blame game" by Momma Bear, Poppa Bear, Grandma Bear & Grandpa Bear as to why Baby Bear's team lost.....

(1) the officials--all of their bad calls went in favor of the other mean team;
(2) the coach -- he didn't play Baby Bear enough or ran his best plays:
(3) the athletic director -- he never should never have scheduled such a mean team;
(4) the booster's club -- they should have field turf or a domed stadium so Baby Bear wouldn't have slipped and fell;
(5) the snack shack --the smell of fried onions took Baby Bear's mind off of the game;
(6) the teammates -- they didn't want Baby Bear to do well.

AND......

Each other for not insisting that Baby Bear join the golf team tR:oLl tR:oLl tR:oLl tR:oLl :puke: