Author Topic: Simple Question  (Read 1967 times)

Offline BetweenTheLines

• FAN REACTION: +10/-2
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Simple Question
« on: March 21, 2021, 07:34:01 AM »
I know very little concerning rules in basketball. I was watching MD vs UCON last night 28 secs left in the game both teams were in the bonus as for fouls (8 for each team). UCON committed an offensive charging foul at their end of the court. So the result is just ball out for MD no shots? Do they have to be in double bonus in that situation to get free throws?

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
Re: Simple Question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 07:57:07 AM »
No shots for a player control foul, regardless of the number of previous team fouls.

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
Re: Simple Question
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 09:49:02 AM »
I know very little concerning rules in basketball. I was watching MD vs UCON last night 28 secs left in the game both teams were in the bonus as for fouls (8 for each team). UCON committed an offensive charging foul at their end of the court. So the result is just ball out for MD no shots? Do they have to be in double bonus in that situation to get free throws?

No shots for a player control foul, regardless of the number of previous team fouls.

Thank you for the question and answer.  My son and I were watching a tournament game the other day and the same thing happened.  I guessed there was something in the rules about this, but I didn't know the specifics.  Now I'm more informed.  Thank you!