Author Topic: Who's a citizen ??????  (Read 8189 times)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Who's a citizen ??????
« on: February 25, 2016, 12:10:36 PM »
I'm a member of the Grand Old Party. tiphat:

I'm told that Cruz was born in Canada...but am also told that it's no big deal ;)

It was once rumored that Obama was born in Kenya AND THAT was a big deal, if true. :o

It was stated that when Albright was Sec of State,  she would be skipped over in the order of secession as she was born in Germany. Some yawned ::), some nodded yEs:.

It was also stated that when John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, it was a US Territory so that was acceptable. Some clapped pHiNzuP, some nodded yEs:.

When Chester Arthur ran for vice president, few cared where he was born....
  After Garfield was shot and Chet became pres, some felt he was born in Canada....
   Chet's dad worked in northern Vermont and preached at a church on Sundays......
     Preacher Arthur's church was in Canada...Chet was born on a Sunday.....
      Chet "found" ;) :o 8] a birth certificate that made him a year older AND a Saturday kid :-X :!#....

IT WAS AN ISSUE BACK IN THE 18OO'S...
IT WAS MADE A BIG ISSUE 8 YEARS AGO.....
IS IT AN ISSUE NOW?????.....

IMHO, YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY A QB THAT MIGHT BE INELIGIBLE AND YOU SHOULDN'T NORMINATE SOMEONE THAT MIGHT NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO LEAD THE FREE WORLD......

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT THE DIFFERENCE OF BEING BORN IN CANADA OR IN KENYA IS......

>:( :( :o 8] ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( FlAg1 FlAg1 FlAg1 FlAg1
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:18:07 PM by Ralph Damren »

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +109/-35
Re: Who's a citizen ??????
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 03:18:06 PM »
Well, if by some miracle Cruz manages to win the election I guess the Supreme Court will get to decide what a "natural born citizen" actually means (unfortunately there is no approved ruling on that).

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 10:17:01 AM »
Well, if by some miracle Cruz manages to win the election I guess the Supreme Court will get to decide what a "natural born citizen" actually means (unfortunately there is no approved ruling on that).
  If the Court is still playing shorthanded, I hope they have a good tiebreaker!

Offline KWH

• FAN REACTION: +633/-113
  • See it, Think about it, Pass on it if possible!
But Ralph! How do you catogorize Melania Trump?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 09:15:14 PM »
But Ralph, what about Melania Trump???

Melania Trump, once known as Melania Knauss, was born in 1970 in Sevnica,
in Slovenia’s Lower Sava Valley (then part of Yugoslavia).

While she might be a qualified to drive a Yugo, is she qualified to be first lady. She is only 46.
I wonder what the home team lawyers have Trumped up to make her legal?
If Donald knew this was even a discussion point would he flip his lid?
We all know what happens in Slovenia’s Lower Sava Valley!  ;D
God save the King. God save Harold Alfond! God help the Maine BlackBears!
SEE everything that you CALL, but; Don't CALL everything you SEE!
Never let the Rules Book get in the way of a great ball game!

Respectfully Submitted;
Some guy on a message forum

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 08:20:10 AM »
While there are stringent qualifications for president, I believe the only qualification for First Lady is a marriage certificate. Possible concerns :

*** If Hill wins will Bill become First Gentleman???

*** Some prior presidents were single or widower-ed, with their niece, daughter or sister serving as First Lady...or should it be First Relative ???

*** If the First Lady is found to be an illegal immigrant ,could the pres. use his executive powers to allow her to stay in town....I believe Jefferson used his to allow Aaron Burr  (his VP) to stick around after he shot the Sec. of Treasuary , Al Hamilton ????

*** Can the pres.  anoint his dog(s) , cats(s) or cattle as first pets???

*** What is the first name of President Obama's mother ???

PS : Harold Alfond has already been blessed and is in Heaven after his many gifts to Maine schools.
       Maine is the only state in the nation (that has D-1 men's BB) that has never sent a team to the Big Dance...they need help ,not only from God, but from a good point guard.

Oregon = #1 in west regional tiphat:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:24:46 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline KWH

• FAN REACTION: +633/-113
  • See it, Think about it, Pass on it if possible!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 09:55:04 PM »
If Hillary wins, will the suit Bill wears to the Presidential Ball hang next to the existing 44 first lady gowns in the Smithsonian.
Will Bill get to pick out the presidential dishes?
Will Chelsea Clinton remain ugly enough to scare cats off of a fish truck?
Barack Obamas mom (now deceased) name was Stanley "Ann" Dunham
With power wins over Husson, Longwood, Binghamton, Quinnipiac, and Central Connecticut State, the Black Bears may just be on their way to  the Big Dance. However, losing twice  to UMass Lowell and twice to New Hampshire is not going to help and losing in a squeaker to Southern Maine did not help.

Keep an eye on the Ducks, the should go far as Spokane is a long drive as is Anaheim

God save the Queen

See 2015 Simplified and Illustrated bottom of page 206 for a diagram of the Oregon Flea Flicker!!!

SEE everything that you CALL, but; Don't CALL everything you SEE!
Never let the Rules Book get in the way of a great ball game!

Respectfully Submitted;
Some guy on a message forum

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 08:41:53 AM »
Thank you, KWH, for the deep research. After pondering your responses, I have drawn the following conclusions :

In an earlier post I suggested that ,if we have President Hill, Bill should have the moniker of First Gentleman. I now realize that there are a gaggle of non-first ladies, such as :Jennifer, Juanita, Katherine ,Paula and Monica , that might not consider him a gentleman. I would now suggest that his title would be : First Lad.

Your suggestion of Bill Inauguration's suit hanging next to the gowns at the Smithsonian has merit. However the subliminal message of : "Bill hanging out with all the former First Ladies" >:D might be considered a double entente by some. >:D. In lieu of angering Michelle, Laura, Barbara and Roselyn; may I suggest : Monica's soiled blue prom dress - as it would rekindle memories of a bygone era.

Excellent job of discovering that our president's mother's first name was Stanley. My sister once had a cat named Stanley. It was a tomcat.

Presidential possible pondering......

Abe Lincoln was our tallest president @ 6' 4". If Dr. James A. Naismith had nailed a peach basket to the White House stable door, could Abe then dunk a grapefruit???

In presidential superlatives, William Henry Harrison was the : oldest, longest, & shortest....of what???

Two presidents were on the national ballots five times, who were they????

Will Bruce Jenner ever run for president???

UMaine men's basketball may be going to the big dance --St. Patty's Day square dance @ East Orland Grange Hall on Saturday night. Going 1-2 vs D-III teams doesn't qualify you for much.

DISCLAIMER : The above is only the musings of an ole' duffer with damaged brain cells caused by green beer from the previous evening and is not the stance of the Maine GOP Chapter - Hannibal Hamlin for President Committee.

GO  DUCKS !!!! 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:46:08 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline VALJ

• FAN REACTION: +90/-14
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 08:48:08 AM »
  In an earlier post I suggested that ,if we have President Hill, Bill should have the moniker of First Gentleman. I now realize that there are a gaggle of non-first ladies, such as :Jennifer, Juanita, Katherine ,Paula and Monica , that might not consider him a gentleman. I would now suggest that his title would be : First Lad.

"First Husband"

In presidential superlatives, William Henry Harrison was the : oldest, longest, & shortest....of what???

Don't know about oldest, but he had the longest inaugural speech (at about 2 hours, I think), leading to the shortest tenure as president when he fell ill, since said speech was given in a driving rainstorm and cold.

Two presidents were on the national ballots five times, who were they????

FDR ran five times, winning four of them.  I know Nixon was on the ballot several times, but one (maybe two) were as VP - are you trying to get us on a technicality?

Will Bruce Jenner ever run for president???

Highly unlikely at this point. Caitlyn Jenner, though also highly unlikely, could, though.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:53:09 AM by VALJ »

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 09:42:12 AM »
Thanks, VALJ, for your response. While "First Husband" may cover Bill's reign if Hill wins, my concern would be if a future female president had been divorced 4 times. Would her current husband be referred to as "Fifth Husband ??? ???. A precedence may have been set, though, as Nancy Reagan was not referred as "Second Lady".

William Henry Harrison was our oldest president until Ronald Reagan came along, who beat him by a few months. Being a tough ole' Indian fighter, Ole' Tippecanoe, didn't worry about wearing a jacket in the DC downpour. His inaugural speech lasted 1:45, the longest. His term lasted one month, the shortest. He should have worn a jacket...he shouldn't have talked so long :(. GOOD JOB!!!

FDR ran for pres four times and once for VP under Cox in 1924 losing to Silent Cal. Nixon for pres. three times ,winning two and was Ike's VP twice. GOOD JOB!!!

BONUS QUESTIONS :

(1) If Caitlin Jenner ever ran she would have an uphill battle. Jenner has mentioned that she is GOP. California is the bluest of blue states. We've only had one president that got elected without carrying his state, who ??? ??? ????

(2) Most of our presidents were already politicians. A few that weren't were war heroes. How many were neither ??? ??? ????

(3) While Washington received all the electors votes, each elector had two votes back then with the runner up becoming VP. Who has came the closest to winning by a shut out in the Electoral College ??????

Offline BrendanP

• FAN REACTION: +19/-252
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 12:12:14 PM »
(1) If Caitlin Jenner ever ran she would have an uphill battle. Jenner has mentioned that she is GOP. California is the bluest of blue states. We've only had one president that got elected without carrying his state, who ??? ??? ????

(2) Most of our presidents were already politicians. A few that weren't were war heroes. How many were neither ??? ??? ????

(3) While Washington received all the electors votes, each elector had two votes back then with the runner up becoming VP. Who has came the closest to winning by a shut out in the Electoral College ??????

1. Dubya?

2. Pretty sure Herbert Hoover was one.

3. Walter Mondale. George McGovern as a close second.

Here's a question from my homeland: who is the most recent Prime Minister to represent a riding in my home province of Saskatchewan?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:18:46 PM by BrendanP »

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 08:40:25 AM »
1. Dubya?

2. Pretty sure Herbert Hoover was one.

3. Walter Mondale. George McGovern as a close second.

Here's a question from my homeland: who is the most recent Prime Minister to represent a riding in my home province of Saskatchewan?
Good offer, Brendan, you get a  aWaRd anyway.

1. Dubya carried Texas easily in both elections. James Knox Polk (our 11th pres) got elected without carrying his home state of Tennessee. Ironically, if Al Gore had had won in 2000, he would have been added to the list as he didn't carry his home state- Tennessee.

2. Correct - while Hoover was in the federal govt. ,he had not held an electable post.

3. Good try, while Mondale and McGovern only carried one state each, the answer is James Monroe (#5) . He swept all the states, but one elector from New Hampshire chose to vote for JQ Adams to keep the Father of Our Country, George Washington, the only president to be on every elector's ballot.

The only Saskatchewan Rough Rider I could picture is your current prime minister, Justin Trudeau. Thanks for trying. tiphat:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:42:19 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline BrendanP

• FAN REACTION: +19/-252
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 05:31:10 PM »
Oh, I read #1 wrong and thought it said "this state" meaning California, not his home state. And for that matter I read #3 wrong and thought you were asking which losers came closest to being shut out.

The correct answer to my question is John Diefenbaker, who was PM from 1957-1963 while representing Prince Albert, Saskatchewan in Parliament. Justin Trudeau represents Papineau, Quebec, while his dad, Pierre, represented Mount Royal, QC.