Author Topic: 2016 UIL Playoff Brackets  (Read 35102 times)

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
2016 UIL Playoff Brackets
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »
I speed watch via DVR. Some nit picking.  It's Offside, not offsides. If there is no snap don't announce "prior to the snap".  There are no legal chop blocks so don't announce "illegal Chop Block." 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline HoustonRef

• FAN REACTION: +16/-207
  • I am HoustonRef 100% Never doubt me
Re: 2016 UIL Playoff Brackets
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2016, 11:07:40 AM »
The DOF they called instead of FST is definitely not nitpicking. Either they don't understand the rule or just had no clue what happened.

Offline TXPanhandle

• FAN REACTION: +8/-131
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2016, 01:24:08 PM »
The 5A D2 crew struggled real hard. There were at least 4 IC a couple NC and some MC. Overall a really poor performance. Highland Park and Temple truly lucked out TASO only allows a crew to work one championship.

For the 1st half the crew for the Temple/Highland Park has made it obvious they are only going to call the obvious 5-yard administration fouls (FST, DOF, etc). Three DPI and big OH passed on. Going to the 2nd half can't start now.

Mr. R

« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2016, 02:32:06 PM »
I thought that the 5A D2 to crew did an outstanding job. Not sure which game you guys watched.  Pretty much everything I saw everybody agreed with me. You guys got a pretty good look at it from your couch though. All  this conversation sounds like sour grapes to me.

Offline HoustonRef

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2016, 02:47:48 PM »
I thought that the 5A D2 to crew did an outstanding job. Not sure which game you guys watched.  Pretty much everything I saw everybody agreed with me. You guys got a pretty good look at it from your couch though. All  this conversation sounds like sour grapes to me.
If you want to get better at officiating I suggest you distance yourself from those people. DOF/FST was obvious a FST and not a DOF, the OH by the H was definitely incorrect, the IBB by the R is marginal at best bc the player was being tackled at the time of that block, DPI in the EZ is also incorrect the DB literally had his hand on the WR back and did not restrict him in anyway. The list goes on but whatever, you are either on that crew(I think you're actually the R) or they are your besties and you're blinded by this.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2016, 04:08:13 PM »
Play nice gentlemen.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline HoustonRef

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2016, 11:05:00 PM »
I'm just tryna help these peeps.

Offline psv

• FAN REACTION: +14/-14
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2016, 10:55:40 AM »
Thanks Doc for doing this again this year!

Offline Redriverref

• FAN REACTION: +0/-1
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »
If you want to get better at officiating I suggest you distance yourself from those people. DOF/FST was obvious a FST and not a DOF, the OH by the H was definitely incorrect, the IBB by the R is marginal at best bc the player was being tackled at the time of that block, DPI in the EZ is also incorrect the DB literally had his hand on the WR back and did not restrict him in anyway. The list goes on but whatever, you are either on that crew(I think you're actually the R) or they are your besties and you're blinded by this.
Are you sitting at home or in the game?