Author Topic: The Latest Filing  (Read 31527 times)

WABill

Re: The Latest Filing
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
"Mr. Timmons also refused to send TASO the incident report from the unfortunate player death.  Mr. Timmons refused until the UIL could "be assured of his (Mr. Fitch's) support of the UIL registration."

^flag

From a favorite pre-school alphabet book: T is for "Tool!"
Now it's all too apparent that the real "Tool" is  :!# Timmons! How absolutely pathetic! UIL: Just how low can you go?   z^

Hopelessly childish according to the judge.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »
The way the article reads, if the TASO injunction is denied (which could occur on or about Nov 10), then the new deadline is Dec 1.  If, however, the injunction is granted, there is NO deadline and the whole registration issue is moot as it will not be required at all.  Bottom line, earliest we will be "forced" to register is Dec 1

Offline Mark Liggett

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
    • Austin Football TASO
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 08:50:03 PM »
The way the article reads, if the TASO injunction is denied (which could occur on or about Nov 10), then the new deadline is Dec 1.  If, however, the injunction is granted, there is NO deadline and the whole registration issue is moot as it will not be required at all.  Bottom line, earliest we will be "forced" to register is Dec 1

That is the way it was/is understood here in Austin to my knowledge.  and, on the "hopelessly childish" statement - if we could've done flying chest bumps in the courtroom, we would've!!!!!javascript:void(0);

Offline TXMike

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
But that would have been "hopelessly childish" of you.... LOL

Offline Mark Liggett

• Austin Football TASO
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
But that would have been "hopelessly childish" of you.... LOL

yep, and it would've been worth it........to see the looks on the faces.... yep...... ^good

texref

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »
You two are having too much fun....... ;D

Offline blindref757

• FAN REACTION: +30/-17
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »
Does the new pay scale go into effect Nov. 1 or is that backed up too?

WABill

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 05:39:12 AM »
Does the new pay scale go into effect Nov. 1 or is that backed up too?

The new pay scale is on hold till amended 1204 is reality.  According to Dr. B., the schools cant budget right now for officials, but with a 30% increase they will be able to.  Cant quite follow that logic...

rickref

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 07:23:17 AM »
The judge had the line of the day in reference to Mr. Timmons concerning the email Mr. Timmons send in which he stated he would not send TASO any rulebooks until after the hearing.  The judge stated this was "hopelessly childish."

The second line of the day belonged to Dr. B., when he stated with a straight face that he had seen snippets of Youtube Tony and in the same breath claimed the items were taken out of context yet claiming he had never seen it or heard it when Mr. Timmons eloquently stated that uil chapters would be given preference.  How can something that has never seen or heard be taken out of context?

T getting called out by the judge in court is priceless.

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 08:08:14 AM »
T getting called out by the judge in court is priceless.

^flag

With the judge's commentary on the :!# Dancing Monkey's "hopelessly childish" actions toward TASO, coupled with the  tiphat: Good UIL Dr.'s positive commentary on the Timmon's Youtube shuffle, it no doubt had to create just a minute amount of prejudice on the part of the judge. After the events in his Federal Courtroom in Austin yesterday, I can't help but think that Judge Yeakel might now actually see what it is that he's getting to deal with! Now that's what's priceless!   z^

Offline Ump62

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 09:44:21 AM »
I noticed from an article about the Judge that he is a big sports fan. He has season tickets to UT Football and Baseball. He also has season tickets for UT Basketball but says that basketball is just something to do fill time between Football and Baseball seasons!

txmustang68

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »
What I find entertaining is the fact that TASO money (members' money) is being used for an attorney.  Meanwhile, the UIL is represented by the Texas Attorney General, meaning our taxes are paying that bill....

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 02:59:20 PM »
What I find entertaining is the fact that TASO money (members' money) is being used for an attorney.  Meanwhile, the UIL is represented by the Texas Attorney General, meaning our taxes are paying that bill....

Remember, they are with the government, they are here to help.............................................. >:(
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline DallasLJ

• FAN REACTION: +16/-15
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 03:21:31 PM »

That is really not a problem because all the UIL's attorney are salaried employees, so it is not really adding anything to the budget.  These people get paid their civil service salary whether spending there time on this lawsuit or some other matter, or just staring out the window.

I prefer to think of it as making them work for my tax dollars (sales tax in this case, as opposed to income tax).

Offline TXMike

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 02:01:23 PM »
I really wonder just what line of BS these school folks have been given by the UIL.   This AD should already know there is a set pay scale in place now so perhaps he is thinking the UIL will give him a set ganme fee for varsity football also? ? ?

From a Houston TV station website:  http://www.khou.com/sports/high-school/UIL-referee-dispute-threatens-to-cancel-high-school-football-playoffs--105395408.html

"We can't negotiate with every single individual (referee)”, said Ed Warken, the Galena Park Independent School District athletic director. “There has to be some kind of set pay scale, so we can budget."

Athletic directors from local districts met Wednesday to discuss the issue. They said it was very unlikely the games would be cancelled.

"Whether we get (the referees) here locally, or go other areas of the state, we will move forward and get officials for our games," Warken said.

===============

WABill

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 02:42:22 PM »
I really wonder just what line of BS these school folks have been given by the UIL.   This AD should already know there is a set pay scale in place now so perhaps he is thinking the UIL will give him a set ganme fee for varsity football also? ? ?

"We can't negotiate with every single individual (referee)”, said Ed Warken, the Galena Park Independent School District athletic director. “There has to be some kind of set pay scale, so we can budget."

All part of the uil plan - confuse the issue and make it seem like we are against the pay scale, even when in court TASO agreed with the pay scale.  I believe the uil has hired the Iraqi propaganda minister to run their smear, I mean, communications plan.

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
I really wonder just what line of BS these school folks have been given by the UIL.   This AD should already know there is a set pay scale in place now so perhaps he is thinking the UIL will give him a set ganme fee for varsity football also? ? ?

From a Houston TV station website:  http://www.khou.com/sports/high-school/UIL-referee-dispute-threatens-to-cancel-high-school-football-playoffs--105395408.html

Athletic directors from local districts met Wednesday to discuss the issue. They said it was very unlikely the games would be cancelled.

"Whether we get (the referees) here locally, or go other areas of the state, we will move forward and get officials for our games," Warken said.

===============

^flag

It appears that the UIL, Supes, AD's, and School Administrators are all so vociferously complaining about not being able to "budget" for officiating without something being done to officiating fees in order to achieve those ends.. It is all too apparent that in order to accomplish that, that there would have to be the abolition of the gate fee structure as well as round trip mileage for officials. If the UIL ends up persevering in this matter, then it will only be a matter of days before 1204 will be reworded to accomplish those ends. Translation: Like basketball, gate and mileage go away and a flat fee for all UIL varsity football games immediately goes into effect. The UIL basketball officials paid a $50.00 UIL Registration fee: Now the  tiphat: Good UIL Dr. and his  :!# Dancing Monkey say that's it's absolutely free for football. Does that mean that they are going to refund those UIL Registration fees to basketball and the other sports? Likely not! If any of you UIL basketball people get a refund check back from the Manor Road Crowd, please let us know, where I can go into cardiac arrest! Bottomline: the UIL will have the potential to reap a minimum of an additional $500K alone just from UIL Registration Fees/Taxes.

So when a given football game draws a megacrowd, the officials will get considerably less than a C-Note for all their travel time, pregame, the game itself, postgame, and the trip back home, all for the aforementioned paltry sum. The UIL will take it's 15-25% of the gate receipts (not to even mention any possible TV/radio revenue) before expenses, leaving the remainder to the competing school districts to divy up only after taking care of the game expenses.  Under the UIL Plan, what used to have to be paid out as gate-receipt revenues and round-trip mileages to the officials would now become attractive windfalls to the UIL and to the school districts.

Revenuewise, the UIL makes out like a bandit, the school districts finish in second place, and the officials will be dragging up the rear, and the former two entities live happily ever after!. Trust me in saying that if it were absolutely possible, the UIL would get us to officiate for free, or maybe for a comped UIL trinket or two! The sad fact of the matter is that if they are ever successful in prevailing in this lawsuit with TASO, that is exactly what is going to happen!   z^                                                  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:18:20 PM by arbitrator »

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »
All part of the uil plan - confuse the issue and make it seem like we are against the pay scale, even when in court TASO agreed with the pay scale.  I believe the uil has hired the Iraqi propaganda minister to run their smear, I mean, communications plan.

^flag

Looks as though we'll get to start seeing the parade of UIL/Texas School District "Baghdad Bob's" who will be fervently waving the UIL banner and saying that if they can't get registered UIL officials, then they might just have to go to the far reaches of the state in order to bring the "Registered's" in to work their games!  Well, when they finish working their games, maybe they can stick around long enough to help the  :!# Dancing Monkey in his announced task of having to go "door-to-door" in trying to procure an adequate number of football official trainees to call all of those "official-less" games! z^
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:41:16 PM by arbitrator »

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 08:01:13 PM »

^flag

It appears that the UIL, Supes, AD's, and School Administrators are all so vociferously complaining about not being able to "budget" for officiating without something being done to officiating fees in order to achieve those ends.. It is all too apparent that in order to accomplish that, that there would have to be the abolition of the gate fee structure as well as round trip mileage for officials. If the UIL ends up persevering in this matter, then it will only be a matter of days before 1204 will be reworded to accomplish those ends. Translation: Like basketball, gate and mileage go away and a flat fee for all UIL varsity football games immediately goes into effect. The UIL basketball officials paid a $50.00 UIL Registration fee: Now the  tiphat: Good UIL Dr. and his  :!# Dancing Monkey say that's it's absolutely free for football. Does that mean that they are going to refund those UIL Registration fees to basketball and the other sports? Likely not! If any of you UIL basketball people get a refund check back from the Manor Road Crowd, please let us know, where I can go into cardiac arrest! Bottomline: the UIL will have the potential to reap a minimum of an additional $500K alone just from UIL Registration Fees/Taxes.

So when a when a football game draws a megacrowd, the officials will get considerably less than a C-Note for all their travel time, pregame, the game itself, postgame, and the trip back home, all for the aforementioned paltry sum. The UIL will take it's 15-25% of the gate receipts (not to even mention any possible TV/radio revenue) before expenses, leaving the remainder to the competing school districts to divy up only after taking care of the game expenses.  Under the UIL Plan, what used to have to be paid out as gate-receipt revenues and round-trip mileages to the officials would now become attractive windfalls to the UIL and to the school districts.

Revenuewise, the UIL makes out like a bandit, the school districts finish in second place, and the officials will be dragging up the rear, and the former two entities live happily ever after!. Trust me in saying that if it were absolutely possible, the UIL would get us to officiate for free, or maybe for a comped UIL trinket or two! The sad fact of the matter is that if they are ever successful in prevailing in this lawsuit with TASO, that is exactly what is going to happen!   z^                                                  

I think thats a non sequitur.  Absent all this UIL takeover nonsense, there is nothing stopping the UIL from instituting a flat rate fee.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 08:14:52 PM »
We (TASO) would argue that our influence with UIL would prevent this. If there is no TASO there is nobody speaking on our behalf.

Offline Mark Liggett

• Austin Football TASO
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 09:35:41 PM »

^flag

It appears that the UIL, Supes, AD's, and School Administrators are all so vociferously complaining about not being able to "budget" for officiating without something being done to officiating fees in order to achieve those ends..                                                   

I heard that line in court Wednesday, about not being able to budget.  Bottom line it's a bunch of Barbara Streisand.  You know your stadium holds 8000 seats, you can budget for everything associated with that, if you can't you shouldn't have built the stadium.  If you can budget for an 8K seat stadium then the only possible answer to your complaint that you can't budget is that you don't understand the definitions of "budget" "Accruals" and "Actuals".  None of those lack of understandings allows for the "cop out" that is "we can't budget....."  TASO is not your scapegoat for having to do your job!!!!

2nd note, I heard the good Dr. say that the schools wanted to know who was working their games.  Really?  You get my personal information to no end.  You have my home address, my social security number, my charge for your game, what else do you want to know?

Offline Dr.G

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2010, 09:57:56 AM »
As a sitting board member of a school district, it makes me cringe when I hear an AD or Superintendent say they can't do their budget because of too many financial unknowns in dealing with officials. I don't care how large or small the district is, it's an easy matter to budget for officials. I have been on our district's budget committee for the last 4 years. I know exactly what the officials that work for our district, academic and athletic, have been paid for the last 4 years. I know with some amount of certainty what the gate will be for every athletic event based on historical information and barring weather events for outdoor activities. The AD's and Superintendents who continue to say it's too difficult to budget for officials are either too lazy or not intelligent enough to be at the job position they are in.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:59:41 AM by Dr.G »

rickref

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 10:29:28 AM »
As a sitting board member of a school district, it makes me cringe when I hear an AD or Superintendent say they can't do their budget because of too many financial unknowns in dealing with officials. I don't care how large or small the district is, it's an easy matter to budget for officials. I have been on our district's budget committee for the last 4 years. I know exactly what the officials that work for our district, academic and athletic, have been paid for the last 4 years. I know with some amount of certainty what the gate will be for every athletic event based on historical information and barring weather events for outdoor activities. The AD's and Superintendents who continue to say it's too difficult to budget for officials are either too lazy or not intelligent enough to be at the job position they are in.
Trending and tracking is a beautiful thing ain't it.

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »

Exactly Dr.G!  If they cannot budget for something this easy, they need to find another job.

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 11:10:13 AM »

^flag

Well said, Sir! And as officials, we certainly appreciate your candor and forthrightness with the officiating as well as the Texas school administration community. Working with administrators like yourself is definitely like taking a deep breath of fresh air. I only wish that there were more caring and honest administrators like yourself in the state of Texas!   z^