Author Topic: NFL Stripes  (Read 12082 times)

Offline SouthGARef

• FAN REACTION: +10/-16
Re: NFL Stripes
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 01:25:35 PM »
We had the holy trinity of bad weather:   It was cold, there was a strong wind, and it rained.  Lovely night.

The rain was unexpected, and the crew wore short sleeves.  They were regretting that decision before kickoff.

We wore short-sleeves on my crew here in Middle GA last night. Let's just say that I was out-voted and out-ranked. :)

Offline Tom.OH

• FAN REACTION: +6/-0
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 09:27:48 AM »
We had the holy trinity of bad weather:   It was cold, there was a strong wind, and it rained.  Lovely night.

The rain was unexpected, and the crew wore short sleeves.  They were regretting that decision before kickoff.

AB, with the weather you reported, sounds like you were at our game. We did wear cold weather gear as temps were in the 30's and wind chill in the low 20's. The on again off again rain made in worse. We were due for a cold game (last week in short sleeves).
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's to dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 02:13:30 PM »
Cold, light mist to about 9:00 pm, stopped for about 20 minutes, became freezing rain driven by north wind, (ow!).  10 pm became snow flurries, 10:09 in the van, cold, damp and glad to be out of it.

Offline NorCalMike

• FAN REACTION: +23/-8
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
Great thing about Northern California, unless you are in the mountains most of the time when it rains, the temps stay above 50. Still cold but not like you guys. Game time on Halloween light rain temp 58.

We have a few schools in the mountains that occasionally get snow but not to often. I was working those games I would have to by warmer gear.

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 05:20:21 AM »
Historically here in the mountains of WNC, we get a cold snap in late October for a week or so where suddenly you break out the heavy duty gear like last week.  Then around the first week of the playoffs, we can sometimes even go back to short sleeves.

It is rare to have a heavy snow game as the season is normally over before that weather arrives.

I did work a playoff game once where a heavy frost formed on the field before the game.  The visiting team was located about one county away from the coast.  They promptly took their whipping and greatfully loaded back up their buses.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:22:22 AM by HLinNC »