Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
NCAA Discussion / Re: Help a young Line Judge
« Last post by ilyazhito on Today at 11:14:41 AM »
I sent you a PM.
National Federation Discussion / Re: 2022 POE's- Illegal Equipment
« Last post by CalhounLJ on Today at 09:58:15 AM »
Probably not a bad idea to re-enforce some of the particular problems we see during the "are all your players legally equipped and not wearing any illegal equipment" segment of the show.

This still doesn't answer the basic question of why the NFHS decided to hypothetically split the enforcement of legal equipment being improperly worn into two types on their POE.  I guess I'll just chalk it up to this is what happens when committees work on projects.
I think they still don’t understand the question. The question is not “should we be fashion or uniform police.” The question is, why are eye shade, and play cards considered illegal equipment when improperly worn, rather than just being improperly worn legal equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last post by Ralph Damren on Today at 08:50:31 AM »
Wish I could take blame  pi1eOn ,but I can't. I  pushed for a POE on 'Pushing the Pile', but I  ??? guess I didn't push hard enough. Once three POE's are chosen, it goes to the Exec. Committee to write 'em up. IMHO, this POE behoves us to pay attention when we do a walk-thru  P_S. IMHO, the three most underused words in America - PLEASE AND THANK YOU-can be used for a much smoothert pre-game....

BAD EXAMPLE: "COACH, YA' GIT THAT EYE- SHADE PROPER ON BIG 'OLE' BUBBA, OR I'LL  ^flagFLAG YA' 7 2 OF 'EM AND YA' GIT OFF OF MA FIELD!"

GOOD EXAMPLE : " Coach could you please have #66 to remove the portion of his eye shade that has his initials, thank you. "

« Last post by HLinNC on Today at 08:24:22 AM »
Probably not a bad idea to re-enforce some of the particular problems we see during the "are all your players legally equipped and not wearing any illegal equipment" segment of the show.

This still doesn't answer the basic question of why the NFHS decided to hypothetically split the enforcement of legal equipment being improperly worn into two types on their POE.  I guess I'll just chalk it up to this is what happens when committees work on projects.
NCAA Discussion / Help a young Line Judge
« Last post by GuilhermeCohen on Today at 08:02:41 AM »
Hi, guys! How have you been?

My name is Guilherme Cohen, I officiate Football in Brazil since 2013. I'm looking for someone who can help me watching my game (one drive, one quarter, whatever) and give me some advice for Line Judge. I wanna move and act better as a pro. I can send the link of the game on email.

Let me know if someone would like to help me to get better!

All the best,
« Last post by AlUpstateNY on Today at 07:23:37 AM »
IMHO, this POE emphasizes the need for a 'walk thru' the teams in pre-game , as these are easily visable. Correct them then ,not  ^flag them during the game. I'm considering expanding my pre-game coach's question to : " COACH, ARE ALL YOUR PLAYERS LEGALLY EQUIPTED WITH PROPERLY WORN EYE SHADE, PLAY CARDS AND CLEAR EYE SHIELDS ?"

Unfortunately, BAD/STUPID HABITS that are learned early, and then ignored, have been well proven, to ONLY get worse.  Subtly reminding HCs of this NEW POE, (including the penalties THEY might face) seems like a "Gift from God"  and an EASY way to help insure these types of NONSENSE are eliminated BEFORE anything starts.
NCAA Discussion / Re: Catch
« Last post by Kalle on Today at 02:57:25 AM »
Call me crazy, but I think the old interp made a little more sense.  The crux of the situation is: are we giving him forward progress or not?  If we are, TD.  If we are not, no TD.

If this happens at the 50 and the receiver gets driven back and spins out of it, we're letting him run and he doesn't get forward progress.

Sure, I could live with not giving a TD whether or not the receiver goes down immediately. I did not like the fact that the previous A.R.'s benefited a player who gave up but not the player who tried harder. Now both are treated equally both at the goal line and at the 50.
« Last post by bossman72 on Yesterday at 11:28:52 PM »
Ah, so there is a relevant change for this year in this A.R. (I tried to see if the 2022 rule book was available but no dice). This new set of rulings are much more sensible to me.

Call me crazy, but I think the old interp made a little more sense.  The crux of the situation is: are we giving him forward progress or not?  If we are, TD.  If we are not, no TD.

If this happens at the 50 and the receiver gets driven back and spins out of it, we're letting him run and he doesn't get forward progress.
« Last post by fudilligas on Yesterday at 02:22:44 PM »
The thing with uniform police, at least round these parts is: "what if" the State guy is in the stands and/or if it's a TV game "what if" the State is watching this?
Necessary evil is how this topic is thought of round these parts.

Similarly it is how language is generally handled too: could the State guy in the stands hear what I thought I heard?

can't tell you the number of times i have watched high school tv games and have seen pants way above the knees....from georgia to ohio....it is not enforced in the miami and ft lauderdale area....when those teams come up to my neck of the woods it always presents a problem....even seen it at the state tourney....more important things to worry about than eye black or different colored towels, or sweatbands around the bicep or calf....just  saying
« Last post by Kalle on Yesterday at 10:55:50 AM »
Kalle,
It is not yet on the NCAA Rules site. It is available on the Arbiter/NCAA CFO web site (but, you may not be a member of the NCAA CFO).

Yeah, I don't see any real benefit for a semi-retired Finnish official to pay the CFO fee, although it isn't that much :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10