Author Topic: Huddle vs Zooom  (Read 1934 times)

Offline southernzebra

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Huddle vs Zooom
« on: January 08, 2020, 02:15:48 PM »
Looking to get a video service.  I've seen and used HUDL.  Anyone know anything about ZOOOM?

Thanks!

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
Re: Huddle vs Zooom
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 04:02:22 PM »
  If the high schools in the region you serve are are on Hudl you are most likely going to have to be on Hudl.   Zoom's ad claims that coaches can easily synch video to your account but I would caution that obtaining video can be easy to impossible depending on the coach.

Even with an edict from our state office that complaints will not be reviewed unless video is shared with officials, we still have some weeks where we get 0 games from the dozen or so assigned to us on any given Friday.  I'd be leery of adding any additional steps to a staff member who may or may not be excited about doing it anyway.

I would speak with the sales department of each and compare.   Its going to take some research.  I don't think HUDL has individual accounts anymore so unless you are a large group, it might be cost prohibitive to set up a "team account".  Coaches are able to e-mail you video links as a "recruiter", I believe.

Offline Magician

• FAN REACTION: +257/-8
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 04:28:12 PM »
I've used Hudl extensively over the past 6-7 years. I've used Zooom some the past couple years. From a product perspective Hudl is far and away much better. If your local schools use Hudl it's even better because you receive video through a simple exchange. With Zooom you need to get the video from the school in some format and then upload it. They do provide a free uploader tool that makes it efficient. The controls in Zooom aren't quite as user friendly, but they do the trick. In order to have clips in Zooom you need to have them loaded as individual files. Otherwise you'll just get one big video and will have to create something they call tags. If you want to create a playlist of specific plays you can search for the tags and select them.

Zooom is a good product if you have no video review tool today and Hudl is too expensive. It does have a You Make the Call feature which allows you to share plays and ask for others to vote on the correct call. It also offers the ability for others to comments and discuss plays within the tool. Those are both things Hudl doesn't provide.

Good luck with your review of each product!

Offline Magician

• FAN REACTION: +257/-8
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 04:33:57 PM »
  If the high schools in the region you serve are are on Hudl you are most likely going to have to be on Hudl.   Zoom's ad claims that coaches can easily synch video to your account but I would caution that obtaining video can be easy to impossible depending on the coach.

The sync feature is download from Hudl and upload to Zooom. Both are manual processes. There is nothing automated about it.

Even with an edict from our state office that complaints will not be reviewed unless video is shared with officials, we still have some weeks where we get 0 games from the dozen or so assigned to us on any given Friday.  I'd be leery of adding any additional steps to a staff member who may or may not be excited about doing it anyway.

Exchanging a video in Hudl takes about 15 seconds and that's only if it took them 10 seconds to find your team. If the team uses Hudl and has to prepare something for Zooom they will have to submit the download request. When they receive the email with the download link then they have to forward it you. It's not difficult, but it's a little more cumbersome and time consuming and the email can sometimes take at least 30 minutes.

I would speak with the sales department of each and compare.   Its going to take some research.  I don't think HUDL has individual accounts anymore so unless you are a large group, it might be cost prohibitive to set up a "team account".  Coaches are able to e-mail you video links as a "recruiter", I believe.

Hudl is not cost effective for a crew. I would recommend doing it at the association or larger level. Our state does it for about 800 football officials so it's only $1 per member! I'm not sure of the exact cost of Zooom, but I believe it's less.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 07:38:28 PM »
We use HUDL for our chapter of 95 at $900.  We have 33 schools that upload the video each week and then share it with us.  We average about 16 games each Friday and by Saturday afternoon I have all 16 games in our account and from my account I then share with each crew.  It's very simple and user friendly.   It takes about 5 mins for me to manually request the video from all the games and the coach then takes about 5 seconds on his end to share with me.  What I like about it is I can tag each play and I can then create my own playlist with different squiggly marks, circle players, make comments, etc.

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 09:25:53 AM »
We use Hudl as well.  We split it between 10 chapters to defray the cost.  It's invaluable!