Author Topic: We've got two, how 'bout you ??????  (Read 671 times)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +792/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
We've got two, how 'bout you ??????
« on: April 16, 2022, 01:11:55 PM »
For the first time since 1960,  :angel:Easter :angel: and  :patrioticon: Patriot Day  :patrioticon: are back-to-back aWaRd  tiphat: tiphat:

Only Maine and Mass officially celebrate the latter which celebrates "....Listen my children and you shell HEAR of the midnight ride of Paul REVERE..." . William Dawes was the real hero as Revere was stopped by the Redcoats shortly after leaving on his journey. Bobby Longfellow (also a Mainer) needed to rhyme  something in his poem , and HEAR with REVERE seemed to fit. In Maine, the celebration consists of watching the Red Sox play at 10:30 AM if we have recovered enough from tonight's USFL season opener, I'm still unsure who I will be cheering for  ??? !

TO ALL, HAPPY EASTER

:angel: :patrioticon: :angel: :patrioticon: :angel:

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +60/-6
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: We've got two, how 'bout you ??????
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 05:24:33 PM »
I'll be rooting for Olympic bronze medalist Molly Seidel in her first Boston Marathon -- the other Patriot Day tradition.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 07:34:56 AM »
I'll be rooting for Olympic bronze medalist Molly Seidel in her first Boston Marathon -- the other Patriot Day tradition.
I'm sure that in yesteryear the early start Red Sox game would allow fans to leave Fenway and arrive at the Marathon finish to see the finish  8]. With the length of MLB today, one would need to scamper before the seventh inning stretch  :o . Enjoy,...

GO MOLLY, GO RED SOX

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +334/-843
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 02:45:47 PM »
Quote from:
[b
GO MOLLY, GO RED SOX[/b]

The way this baseball season is starting out, we may have to wait until the "Fat Lady" actually sings before knowing how it all turns out.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 09:05:19 AM »
MOLLY FINISHED 4TH
RED SOX FINISHED 2ND

Offline ncwingman

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 10:37:18 AM »
Molly Seidel finished 4th at the New York marathon back in November, which is why she was a top contender for Boston. However, she had a hip injury that caused her to drop out of the race between 25 and 30km and she DNF'd.

Still further than I ran yesterday though.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 12:53:23 PM »
Molly Seidel finished 4th at the New York marathon back in November, which is why she was a top contender for Boston. However, she had a hip injury that caused her to drop out of the race between 25 and 30km and she DNF'd.

Still further than I ran yesterday though.
Sorry, NC, how could I mistake New York for Boston  :!#  pi1eOn !

Congrats  aWaRd for trying the marathon....my marathon took me from my easy chair to the 'fridge and return while those Red Sox finished second to the Twins  ::)  :'( .

Offline ncwingman

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 04:51:46 PM »
Sorry, NC, how could I mistake New York for Boston  :!#  pi1eOn !

Congrats  aWaRd for trying the marathon....my marathon took me from my easy chair to the 'fridge and return while those Red Sox finished second to the Twins  ::)  :'( .

I have not yet qualified for Boston -- I've run a few half marathons, but never a full. Maybe one day.

Also, the longer I wait, the slower my qualifying time becomes.

Offline MAFBRef

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
  • Make every game a great game. And, don't get hurt
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2022, 04:19:29 PM »
Actually, in 2014, the year after the Boston Marathon Bombing, Easter was celebrated the day before Patriots Day/Marathon Monday.  I know because I had to work the entire weekend.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 06:32:31 AM »
Actually, in 2014, the year after the Boston Marathon Bombing, Easter was celebrated the day before Patriots Day/Marathon Monday.  I know because I had to work the entire weekend.
Good point, Ref, Patriots Day ,like most holidays , are celebrated on Monday. The last time that Easter fell on April 17 th (according to google  :) ) was 1960. The true Patriots Day (April 18th) then followed. My post wasn't clear on that. Good Catch  :).