Author Topic: Your take on the USFL  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +785/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: Your take on the USFL
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2022, 02:43:29 PM »
What ever happened to the "BRING BACK THE DROP KICK" crowd  :o ! I figured that would have been added with an extra point or such  :thumbup .
 :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR:

Offline KWH

• FAN REACTION: +542/-46
  • Only call the infractions that reed to be called!
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2022, 09:35:53 AM »
What ever happened to the "BRING BACK THE DROP KICK" crowd  :o ! I figured that would have been added with an extra point or such  :thumbup .
 :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR:

How about these options Ralph?

Proposed NFHS Try options

* 1-point place-kick field goal try would be put in play at the 3-yard line
* 2-point touchdown try would be put in play at the 3-yard line
New * 3-point drop-kick field goal try would be put in play at the 3-yard line
New * 3-point touchdown try would be put in play at the 10-yard line
SEE everything that you CALL, but; Don't CALL everything you SEE!
Never let the Rules Book get in the way of a great ball game!

Respectfully Submitted;
Some guy on a message forum

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2022, 10:25:36 AM »
How about these options Ralph?

Proposed NFHS Try options

* 1-point place-kick field goal try would be put in play at the 3-yard line
* 2-point touchdown try would be put in play at the 3-yard line
New * 3-point drop-kick field goal try would be put in play at the 3-yard line
New * 3-point touchdown try would be put in play at the 10-yard line
I'd vote for that  :). I place for soccer goalies that couldn't make a save  ^TD

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +126/-122
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2022, 10:45:39 AM »
Forget the rules. Sell some tickets, and then worry about the rules. Even Birmingham ain't exactly packin' 'em in. More people at a birthday party for a 6-year old than for any of the other games. But, it appears some crews are getting more than one game per weekend. If the checks aren't bouncing, two games per week might be a good thing.

Offline KWH

• FAN REACTION: +542/-46
  • Only call the infractions that reed to be called!
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2022, 01:00:20 PM »
I'd vote for that  :). I place for soccer goalies that couldn't make a save  ^TD

OK - Would you also support it if we added 2-points for a defensive conversion?  :!#
SEE everything that you CALL, but; Don't CALL everything you SEE!
Never let the Rules Book get in the way of a great ball game!

Respectfully Submitted;
Some guy on a message forum

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2022, 02:56:45 PM »
OK - Would you also support it if we added 2-points for a defensive conversion?  :!#
Only if a runner could go airborne by grabbing onto a low flying drone and then parachute into the end zone. In my daze of youth , we used to play tackle football without any adult supervision on the local high school field with no barb-wired fence or disclaimer/warning signs. The game would usually last until suppertime with the last play for each team being a "I KNOW NO BOUNDS " where the runner could leave the field of play, running behind the bleachers, bomb shelters, hula hoops and the likes. His only goal was to make it to the end zone before getting tackled. Only one rule : Can't use any mode of transportation (bikes, roller skates, ponies, trollies  etc) to git there. If the USFL was to adopt this, the boundary  should be set at the stadium parking lot. Fans in isle seats could be placed in danger and a disclaimer on the reverse side of the ticket should explain such.

EDITORIAL NOTE: These are only musings of a tired and grumpy ole' duffer, returning from a spring cleaning of our lakeside cottage and not a suggestion or proposal for NFHS rules. Leaving school property during a school function could cause a liability issue.  8]

:sTiR:

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2022, 07:25:10 AM »
In this era of '24/7' coverage of everything, I'm afraid sometimes topics get quite obscure. The other night there was a riveting discussion on a local sports radio station regarding the current pay scale of the USFL......

It was stated that the minimum player's  salary is $600/game BUT the players all have to stay in a league-owned hotel . If they choose to have a roommate, each are charged $75/night  :!#. If my math is correct, that sounds like $525 of your paycheck would leave a player with $75 spending money  :o  :puke:

The talking heads also went on to say that if the USFL makes a profit ,after three years, teams from far away cities may come to play , not just local teams with names from far away cities  tiphat:

I quickly turned off the radio and went back to sleep. 8] In the morning, I pondered : (1) Was this just a bad dream  ??? , (2) "fake news" :puke: , (3) A remake of the movie....

THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON'T THEY ? -I don't think Jane Fonda would star in this one  :!#