Author Topic: What is everyone doing to cope with being cooped up?  (Read 7571 times)

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Re: What is everyone doing to cope with being cooped up?
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 02:06:47 PM »
Back in PCV (pre-corona virus) my wife and I often visited Chinese eateries. The Chinese servers took our order  eAt& and got it correct. That may have been caused by me pointing at the pictures.  ;)

Name the movie: "It's...it's smiling at me."  (Followed by the gruesome sound of a butcher knife hitting the table after passing through the goose's neck, and the proprietor stuffing the goose's head in his pocket.)

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 02:30:06 PM »
Name the movie: "It's...it's smiling at me."  (Followed by the gruesome sound of a butcher knife hitting the table after passing through the goose's neck, and the proprietor stuffing the goose's head in his pocket.)

Christmas Story

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 03:32:28 PM »
Love that movie.  :) :) :) :)
It is getting close to Christmas (isn't it)?

Offline Bubba Ump

• FAN REACTION: +4/-1
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 07:10:27 PM »
I might have a better one:  My wife orders Chinese food from 9 Dragons over the internet and I arrive at curb side to pick it up.  I call the number on the sandwich board to let them know I'm here and they inform me that I must not of ordered correctly.  I call my wife and she orders a second time on line and I wait 10 minutes and call.  Still no order.  Turns out there's a 9 Dragons in..... MAINE.  I live 3000 miles from there and I've spent $120.00 plus tip for two dinners that I can't eat... "Honey, didn't the area code seem a little strange?"  I need a Stay-back Coach!

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2020, 06:28:59 AM »
I might have a better one:  My wife orders Chinese food from 9 Dragons over the internet and I arrive at curb side to pick it up.  I call the number on the sandwich board to let them know I'm here and they inform me that I must not of ordered correctly.  I call my wife and she orders a second time on line and I wait 10 minutes and call.  Still no order.  Turns out there's a 9 Dragons in..... MAINE.  I live 3000 miles from there and I've spent $120.00 plus tip for two dinners that I can't eat... "Honey, didn't the area code seem a little strange?"  I need a Stay-back Coach!

You can’t make this stuff up.  Funny, if it wasn’t so expensive. Give her a hug, say, “I love you,” and carry on.

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2020, 09:38:51 AM »
Driving home this week proved to me that we are nearly back to normal here.  Just as much traffic as ever.  Hospitals are not overwhelmed.  We now have more recoveries than new cases, and the gap is widening. We all still need to be vigilant in keeping things clean, washing our hands, covering our mouths when sneezing/coughing, and limiting physical contact. But, we should be able to resume group meetings soon, paving the way for resumption of other types of business, recreational, and social gatherings.  Like football teams practicing. Maybe not this month, but surely by August. No doubt in my mind we’ll be back on the field in September, as usual.
Keepin’ the faith.

Offline NorCalMike

• FAN REACTION: +23/-8
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 11:22:27 PM »
Put gas in my car for the first time in six weeks. Used to fill it up every 5 or 6 days. Went into the AM/PM to get a a soda and they weren't allowed to sell fountain sodas, only bottles and cans. Not sure why but I did get a  sNiCkErS

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2020, 12:46:23 PM »
Yeah, and my wife and I went out for lunch Saturday, albeit just to Jason's Deli.  But, along with about a dozen other in-store patrons, enjoyed having a meal "out."  Yeah, some differences, like full service on everything, i.e., no self service.  So, no salad bar, per se.  You have to give them the full list of what you want, and they prepare it.  You can't get your own drink, or refill.  They get them. You can't get your own soft-serve ice-cream - they get it for you (once you get their attention  :)).  All disposable tableware. And they thoroughly re-sanitize every booth/table after each use.

Still better than staying home 100% of the time.

We are getting there.