Author Topic: Waco UIL Chapter?  (Read 15636 times)

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
Waco UIL Chapter?
« on: November 11, 2010, 06:52:30 PM »
 ^flag

There's a breaking report emanating from the Greater Houston area that several of its head football coaches are now in receipt of a letter from "the Waco UIL Chapter" extolling their virtues and lathering in their "experience factor", imploring these coaches to go ahead and to make use of them for their playoff games since they are already good to go and have met all of the  LOL "stringent" UIL registration requirements. I suspect that a copy of said letter should be surfacing soon and will be posted up shortly thereafter!  Could this perhaps be the handiwork of or have the blessings of  :!# Tony the Tiger? Stay tuned!  z^

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
Re: Waco UIL Chapter?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 07:15:48 PM »
Not sure about the reasons but the word on most coaching forums is to stay away from Waco.  I guess we can stay tuned to see if them being UIL registered will help them out.

ornery1

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 07:24:14 PM »
^flag

There's a breaking report emanating from the Greater Houston area that several of its head football coaches are now in receipt of a letter from "the Waco UIL Chapter" extolling their virtues and lathering in their "experience factor", imploring these coaches to go ahead and to make use of them for their playoff games since they are already good to go and have met all of the  LOL "stringent" UIL registration requirements. I suspect that a copy of said letter should be surfacing soon and will be posted up shortly thereafter!  Could this perhaps be the handiwork of or have the blessings of  :!# Tony the Tiger? Stay tuned!  z^
^good

I have to give Waco all the "high fives" here. That was an impressive move, but lets see how far it will get them. They get an "A plus" for effort though!!!!!! Very nice!!!!

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 08:07:30 PM »
 ^flag

Could this "drastic move" on the part of Waco be primarily because they apparently have not even scratched the surface on getting a pick or assignment on Week One, unless of course one of those games in white has actually gone to them and they're not exactly letting anyone know a thing about having them? Just a thought!   z^

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »
Ornery knows exactly what happens when you get caught soliciting for games.  It gets you kicked right out of TASO.  Funny thing is the UIL will likely not allow that either so Ornery will soon be ousted from officiating if TT has his way.

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
Why do I have the urge to post one of these

every time ornery1 posts?

ornery1

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 08:58:04 PM »
Ornery knows exactly what happens when you get caught soliciting for games.  It gets you kicked right out of TASO.  Funny thing is the UIL will likely not allow that either so Ornery will soon be ousted from officiating if TT has his way.

Jason, who are you confusing me with? Kicked out of TASO? Got the wrong feller here. I worked 11 games, most of them pretty good games also and I have a playoff game this week. You are definately on the wrong scent here.

txmustang68

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »
NICE one, Livin'.
 tiphat:

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 09:12:30 PM »

^flag

JasonTX: We all know, all too well I might add, that that just cannot possibly happen! After all, Ornery is the :!# Dancing Monkey's Right Hand Man! Just who else can possibly teach Tony the Tiger about the finer points of high school football officiating? Well, he does seem to be more than eminently qualified to chair Tony's blue ribbon committee on Solicitation!   z^

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 10:57:27 PM »
^flag

Wow, solicitation by an entire chapter. Color me impressed.

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 07:58:53 AM »
Actually in the infamous Houston YouTube TT video, he encourages chapters to solicit outside their normal area of coverage.

rickref

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 08:13:29 AM »
Sounds like solicitation to me.

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 08:23:32 AM »
Actually in the infamous Houston YouTube TT video, he encourages chapters to solicit outside their normal area of coverage.

^flag

Does anyone know which of those 10 Youtube  :!# Dancing Monkey clips that Tony the Tiger makes that statement? Not that I doubt it, but I just really can't bring myself to watch all 10 of them just to hear him make that profound scholarly statement!   z^

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »
I do not know which one but I remember hearing it also. He also said the same thing when he came to Tyler.

" I don't make the rules coach!"

Headlinesman

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 11:38:13 AM »
I have an old friend in that chapter.  Here's what he had to say on this subject:  "“As officer of the Waco Chapter I would like to see the letter because I have no knowledge of it  being sent out. Funny that we would supposedly do this as the game cards I gave the coaches last night with the crew on them say T.A.S.O. Waco Chapter. Someone trying to make someone look bad for no reason at all. Makes you say HMMMM. “ 

And I'd like to add an old adage from the law:  talk is cheap, but a copy of the suspect document is the best evidence.

ornery1

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 01:07:21 PM »
Its just Kimmel (Arbitrator) running his mouth again. I guess when you get that old, your mind plays tricks on you. Get out your rocking chair, Paw Paw and sit a spell.

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 01:39:28 PM »
Its just Kimmel (Arbitrator) running his mouth again. I guess when you get that old, your mind plays tricks on you. Get out your rocking chair, Paw Paw and sit a spell.

So you're no longer giving Waco high fives I take it?

ornery1

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 01:50:55 PM »
If its even true, I think its hilarious. What do you think TASO can do to them? Not a damn thing. What will they do send a TASO approved crew to the game also and have the TASO police arrest them Waco bandits and then next year the whole chapter is banned from playoffs for their dastardly deeds. LMAO   

But seeing the original source of this report now makes me wonder if its even true at all!!!!

SETXREF

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 02:20:50 PM »
You got you lunch money taken from you as a kid didn't you ornery1?   ^TD

Offline Etref

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »
If its even true, I think its hilarious. What do you think TASO can do to them? Not a damn thing. What will they do send a TASO approved crew to the game also and have the TASO police arrest them Waco bandits and then next year the whole chapter is banned from playoffs for their dastardly deeds. LMAO   

But seeing the original source of this report now makes me wonder if its even true at all!!!!

No but like happened in Permian Basin chapter, the officers can be sanctioned for their actions.   hEaDbAnG

Cooter

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 03:01:03 PM »
Why do I have the urge to post one of these

every time ornery1 posts?

Please - allow me.

ornery1

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »
What part of Waco UIL Chapter do you not understand? Waco doesn't even want to be a part of TASO, everyone throughout the state knows that. Next year even with the lawsuit, I feel quite certain that on a worst case scenario Waco will be allowed to go UIL now that they want too and once that happens TASO can't touch them and anything they do this year can't hurt them. They are untouchable as far as I'm concerned. It was really thought out and planned properly. Thats what makes me laugh about it all.

Have great games tonight everyone, stay warm. I have it all packed and I'm ready to go. Week 1 Texas playoffs, here I come.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 03:14:06 PM »
What part of Waco UIL Chapter do you not understand? Waco doesn't even want to be a part of TASO, everyone throughout the state knows that. Next year even with the lawsuit, I feel quite certain that on a worst case scenario Waco will be allowed to go UIL now that they want too and once that happens TASO can't touch them and anything they do this year can't hurt them. They are untouchable as far as I'm concerned. It was really thought out and planned properly. Thats what makes me laugh about it all.

Have great games tonight everyone, stay warm. I have it all packed and I'm ready to go. Week 1 Texas playoffs, here I come.

Your hopes and dreams of Waco going UIL is predicated on UIL being able to sign up chapters and or officials. If the court kicks UIL in the butt, then Waco or any other chapter would have to deal solely with TASO (as it should be).

There should be one and only one organization for officials and one and only one organiztion for schools and they should not be the same.

Leaving for my ball game so everyone have fun tonight.

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 10:18:36 PM »
Hope you had a good game Rick!!!!

Offline Etref

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 08:04:54 AM »
Actually it was a great game!

We did get a little wet during the monsoon which started at kickoff and ended as we were walking off the field.