Author Topic: Wet and Cold ...  (Read 4162 times)

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Wet and Cold ...
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:28:12 AM »
My crew is looking for a quality weatherproof shirt for cold and wet weather. any suggestions?

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
Re: Wet and Cold ...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »
UnderArmor
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
Wet and Cold ...
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
With 2” stripes and state Association logo sublimated. Any dealer info appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheRookie

• FAN REACTION: +1/-1

Offline TheRookie

Offline TheRookie

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 12:42:59 PM »
With 2” stripes and state Association logo sublimated. Any dealer info appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of the Smitty Fleece-Lined cold weather shirt.  Here's an example from ump-attire, but I'm sure you can call you local supply store and have them special order one with your logo.  Worst case scenario is you can sew your association logo on.

https://www.ump-attire.com/Football-Referee-Equipment/Clothing-Apparel/Cold-Weather-Accessories/USA129_Smitty-2-14-Stripe-Fleece-Lined-Cold-Weather-Football-Referee-Shirt-with-CHEST-USA-FLAG?id=557

If not, get a plastic liner under your shirt.  There are many shirts with the liner built in, but I have one from Cliff Keen that is a shirt itself and you just put your normal long sleeved shirt over it.  However, I'm not sure they make those anywhere anymore.

Offline InsideTheStripes

• FAN REACTION: +0/-5
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 09:07:59 PM »
I'm a big fan of the Smitty Fleece-Lined cold weather shirt.  Here's an example from ump-attire, but I'm sure you can call you local supply store and have them special order one with your logo.  Worst case scenario is you can sew your association logo on.

https://www.ump-attire.com/Football-Referee-Equipment/Clothing-Apparel/Cold-Weather-Accessories/USA129_Smitty-2-14-Stripe-Fleece-Lined-Cold-Weather-Football-Referee-Shirt-with-CHEST-USA-FLAG?id=557

If not, get a plastic liner under your shirt.  There are many shirts with the liner built in, but I have one from Cliff Keen that is a shirt itself and you just put your normal long sleeved shirt over it.  However, I'm not sure they make those anywhere anymore.

I love that Smitty Fleece-Lined cold weather shirt, but it's horrible in the rain. If it gets completely wet, it weighs about 30lbs and if you don't have a liner underneath you'll be soaked to the bone, cold, and miserable.

Offline Magician

• FAN REACTION: +257/-8
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 09:08:11 AM »
The best officiating purchase I ever made was the Honigs Windstopper (https://honigs.com/product/cold-weather-gear/windstopper-pullover-l-s.html). It's the same material they used to sew into their long sleeve cold shirt, but as a separate garment you can put it under any long sleeve uniform shirt. It works great for both cold and wet.