Author Topic: What Questions Would You Like To Pose to Both Timmons and Fitch? No Limitations!  (Read 23531 times)

Offline Getting Fat

• FAN REACTION: +5/-6
Mr. Timmons:  What will your role and duties be once TASO wins the temporary injunction hearing?

Mr. Timmons:  If this is all for the better of high school sports and officiating in general, wouldn't both be better off without you in a supervisory role?  I ask this, because your involvement in this whole ordeal has greatly increased the animosity, mistrust, and disdain a lot of officials currently feel towards the UIL.

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
Mr. Timmons:  If this is all for the better of high school sports and officiating in general, wouldn't both be better off without you in a supervisory role?  I ask this, because your involvement in this whole ordeal has greatly increased the animosity, mistrust, and disdain a lot of officials currently feel towards the UIL.

This has been one of the major issues.  Tact could have gone a long way.

Offline Getting Fat

Quote from: Getting Fat on Today at 10:10:32 AM

-- If this is how he is in recruiting, imagine how he will be as a "boss."

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
Quote from: Getting Fat on Today at 10:10:32 AM

-- If this is how he is in recruiting, imagine how he will be as a "boss."

^flag

I question both his meager experience and his severe lack of tact. As far as UIL salesmanship skills are concerned, I don't exactly think that he or anyone else in a leadership capacity over there on Manor Road would even be remotely capable of selling prostitutes on a troop train!   z^

texref

We got ours 2 weeks ago.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
To FITCH:

TASO supporters have been quick to note that UIL has no infrastructure to provide training, by laws, and many other items necessary for a successful organization.  However, I have yet to receive as much as a membership card from TASO this year and the website is a joke when utilized for training or recruiting purposes.  How does TASO think it can provide these items when it can't even provide the easiest things necessary for an organization (membership cards - pay to update a website)?

We have our cards as well.  Of all the complaints I have seen you post about TASO, none of them seem to be a problem with other chapters.  It appears your own chapter is lacking in some areas but that is no fault to TASO.  Those faults will not change under the UIL leadership.  My chapter takes care of its own training.  Each chapter has 1 or 2 members who received material from TASO to assist them in chapter training.  Other chapters have done a better job than others with regards to a website that is utilized for training.  Chapter leadership needs to handle all these issues at the local level. 

Offline fencewire

• FAN REACTION: +20/-74
and that won't change if the UIL does at some point "take over".

At least from everything I have read or listened to, it would appear that the onus will still be on the local chapters for training, etc.  The resources that are available to the BB officials that are UIL members now is from NFHS, not UIL.

I agree, there could be a lot of information that could be routed through the TASO website, some of that information has been posted on the blog site, but it is still up to the local chapters for training, etc.  I also thought that the new website was going to be rolling out after the testing was over.  I suppose now it will be after the voting is over.  :-X

ballhog

To FITCH:

TASO supporters have been quick to note that UIL has no infrastructure to provide training, by laws, and many other items necessary for a successful organization.  However, I have yet to receive as much as a membership card from TASO this year and the website is a joke when utilized for training or recruiting purposes.  How does TASO think it can provide these items when it can't even provide the easiest things necessary for an organization (membership cards - pay to update a website)?

we got cards 2 weeks ago here.

Offline TxGrayhat

• FAN REACTION: +15/-4
  • T.A.S.O
No Cards here... But I never figured out what the card did for me any way.
If you don't see the Football Don't Blow the Whistle!!!

Offline TxGrayhat

• T.A.S.O
Gentleman we know yall cant agree on everything but is there anything you have agreed on that could be considered a positive.

Offline blindref757

• FAN REACTION: +30/-17
No Cards here... But I never figured out what the card did for me any way.
It got me in a state championship game last year.  In fact, it got me and my daughter into two playoff games last season.  Most every place accepts them as passes.  I'd like to believe that it's out of respect! ;D

Offline texref (TX)

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
Would like to ask Mr. Timmons, why the UIL now adds $2 per rule book as a profit for them costing our members an additional $50K for rule and case books.

Offline TxGrayhat

• T.A.S.O
It got me in a state championship game last year.  In fact, it got me and my daughter into two playoff games last season.  Most every place accepts them as passes.  I'd like to believe that it's out of respect! ;D
Thats a great deal... Now I want my card.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
I'm thinking a TASO card is not gonna get you in to very many games this post-season.   ;)  Maybe that will be another bribe the UIL can offer guys to  get registrations.

txmustang68

yEs: pray:;
If they do that, I'm in!  That is all I have been waiting for!

Offline Arbitrator

^flag

THIS JUST IN!

The scheduled meeting in Houston for Monday evening, October 18th at the Campbell Center where Timmons and Fitch were supposed to address the membership of the Houston TASO Football Chapter has summarily been cancelled.

So please put your questions for them temporarily on ice for some possible future engagement! It now appears that the next set of questions will be coming from the litigators!    z^

ballhog

Would like to ask Mr. Timmons, why the UIL now adds $2 per rule book as a profit for them costing our members an additional $50K for rule and case books.

Hmmmm that $2 would a constitute a resale and make the entire purchase subject to sales tax...... I wonder if they have filed their sales tax forms

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Hmmmm that $2 would a constitute a resale and make the entire purchase subject to sales tax...... I wonder if they have filed their sales tax forms

Ohh what a tangled web we weave.........................................
" I don't make the rules coach!"

ballhog

Ohh what a tangled web we weave.........................................

Well it took the IRS to get Capone, I see the irony.

Offline Arbitrator

^flag

Mr. Timmons:

In closely examining the Registered UIL Officials List on your organization's website, you have indicated that, in addition to basketball, you are also a baseball, softball, as well as a football official. What is your TASO officiating experience, most notably in football, and what actual TASO leadership positions in the State or at the local level have you had in that particular sport; and if so, what TASO Chapter(s) did you actually belong to or have membership in? If you would answer that, we'd be most appreciative of it! If not, then perhaps someone with a working knowledge of that information would be happy to volunteer it on here for you!

In any event, I find it rather interesting that you're only registered in the above sports, but have not done so in the UIL posted areas of Volleyball, Wrestling, Track and Field, and Swimming and Diving. As an appointed "leader" in the UIL, wouldn't it be most appropriate for you to actually register in those sports as well, as not to give the undue impression of causing possible consternation and mistrust amongst your UIL registered minions?    z^
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:10:38 PM by arbitrator »

Offline Mark Liggett

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
    • Austin Football TASO
^flag

Mr. Timmons:

In closely examining the Registered UIL Officials List on your organization's website, you have indicated that, in addition to basketball, you are also a baseball, softball, as well as a football official.

Pahahahahahahahahahaha!

FW Official

Mr. Fitch,

Now that you'll not have Charlie Little as the TASO FB President, how does that affect your plan going forward? 

Do you plan to address the membership's questions on finances?

Since most of the Fort Worth Board is "registered", how do you plan on going forward with that Chapter?

Do you plan on "exposing" any of the sins of the past for chapter officials that keep all the games "assigned" to their chapter for themselves, while telling their members that there weren't any games?  (Read Tyler, Waco and Permian Basin chapters here.)

texref

Do you plan on "exposing" any of the sins of the past for chapter officials that keep all the games "assigned" to their chapter for themselves, while telling their members that there weren't any games?  (Read Tyler, Waco and Permian Basin chapters here.)

Very Interesting......that sounds a lot like the FW Chapter Assigning Secretary.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
As for game assignments, if we are to believe UIL (and I know that is a stretch), the future will see Chapters still doing assigmmnents as they do today so i am not sure those of you who are so concerned over how a Chapter does game assignments will see a  change, with or without the UIL.  At the end of the day, if you don't trust the folks you have elected into "leadership" positions in your local chapter, you are going to be frustrated, UIL or not.

Offline Getting Fat

As for game assignments, if we are to believe UIL (and I know that is a stretch), the future will see Chapters still doing assigmmnents as they do today so i am not sure those of you who are so concerned over how a Chapter does game assignments will see a  change, with or without the UIL.  At the end of the day, if you don't trust the folks you have elected into "leadership" positions in your local chapter, you are going to be frustrated, UIL or not.

The current system does supply a remedy:  Vote them out of office.