Author Topic: kickoff alignment  (Read 2817 times)

Offline look4dastripes

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
kickoff alignment
« on: September 14, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »
on kickoff does the kickoff team need to have a foot on the 35 yd line or can it be a hand only with the feet in back of 35.

Offline riffraft

• FAN REACTION: +18/-19
Re: kickoff alignment
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 12:15:44 PM »
He needs to have his feet in front of the 35

6-1-3b. No K players, other than the kicker, may be more than 5 yards behind the kicking team’s free-kick line. A player satisfies this rule when no foot is on or beyond the line 5 yards behind K’s free-kick line.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 03:42:22 PM »
He needs to have his feet in front of the 35

6-1-3b. No K players, other than the kicker, may be more than 5 yards behind the kicking team’s free-kick line. A player satisfies this rule when no foot is on or beyond the line 5 yards behind K’s free-kick line.

You contradict yourself a bit.  You say he needs to have his feet IN FRONT of the 35, but the rule you state says they may be ON or beyond the the line..."

FYI, NCAA requires at least one foot to be within 5 yards of Team A's restraining line, and that means ON or beyond the line 5 yards behind the restraining line.

Online GA Umpire

• Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +30/-3
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 04:39:24 PM »
on kickoff does the kickoff team need to have a foot on the 35 yd line or can it be a hand only with the feet in back of 35.
Are you asking for NCAA or NFHS rules?
This post is in the General Discussion forum.

Offline riffraft

• FAN REACTION: +18/-19
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 09:51:42 AM »
You contradict yourself a bit.  You say he needs to have his feet IN FRONT of the 35, but the rule you state says they may be ON or beyond the the line..."

FYI, NCAA requires at least one foot to be within 5 yards of Team A's restraining line, and that means ON or beyond the line 5 yards behind the restraining line.

BTW this is NFHS rule I quoted.

The rule stated is describing what it means to be beyond 5 yards of the kicking line, so if his foot is ON the line, he does not meet the requirement to be no more than 5 yards behind the kicking line.  I don't see a contradiction with what I said.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:54:07 AM by riffraft »

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »

Might want to go back and read what he  posted again.

when no foot is on

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 02:15:03 PM »

Might want to go back and read what he  posted again.

when no foot is on

Well, that's why I need to stick to NCAA.  My apology.