Author Topic: A freshman moment I'll never forget  (Read 2964 times)

Offline BrendanP

• FAN REACTION: +19/-252
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
A freshman moment I'll never forget
« on: September 08, 2018, 03:54:52 PM »
It was week 1, in the middle of a searing heat wave with temperatures in the 90+ degree range. Team A kicks off after a touchdown. One of the upmen who's a big lineman winds up with the ball and the big fella runs faster than he probably ever had to the end zone for a touchdown, and he collapses to his knees as he crosses the goal line. As his teammates mob him, he stands up woozy, removes his helmet and :puke: right there in the end zone. Spaghetti and tomato sauce. Our R decides to pause the game so one of the field crew could hose it off the FieldTurf.

Offline ilyazhito

• FAN REACTION: +11/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: A freshman moment I'll never forget
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »
Poor guy! My emotions are mixed about him, because he is both happy and sick at the same time.

It would be a lot easier to deal with vomit on natural grass, because the vomit would just decompose there and be absorbed into the soil.

Offline yarnnelg

• FAN REACTION: +55/-37
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 08:28:41 PM »
Not as bad as "Only a crazy SON OF A GUN eats eggs before a football game!"

Replacements, first game.  eAt&

Offline Tom.OH

• FAN REACTION: +6/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 09:09:05 PM »
F game a few years ago, 3 man crew I was the R. I spotted the ball and signaled 3rd down. The QB looked at me and said "how can it be 3rd down, we've only ran 2 plays". I said to him that's why it's 3rd down...he finally got it...
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's to dark to read."
Groucho Marx