Author Topic: Conference Applications  (Read 3570 times)

Offline heyblue34

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Conference Applications
« on: January 12, 2018, 07:25:01 AM »
Does anyone have the information on where (and how) to apply to the BIG 10 and BIG 12?

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
Re: Conference Applications
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »
Unless I'm doing it wrong(which could be true) I dont know that unsolicited applications to a conference will do much for you. I'm currently going through a path to the BXII that goes through one of the D2 conferences and that is how I am going to try to get in there. If you'd like, I can get you that contact as well as one for another conference near here.

Offline LJ1977

• FAN REACTION: +0/-2
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:16:05 PM »
I believe it’s on the CFO West website.

Offline ChicagoZebra

• FAN REACTION: +2/-1
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 02:47:47 PM »
You should be going through your D3/D2 conference supervisors and get an application through them.

Offline ljudge

• FAN REACTION: +19/-2
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 08:51:39 AM »
Does anyone have the information on where (and how) to apply to the BIG 10 and BIG 12?

I'd recommend you look into the various national clinics that are out there and find out the names of the clinicians and/or supervisors from those conferences who will be there.  Apply to those clinics where those people can see you work.

Offline BankerRef

• FAN REACTION: +12/-3
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 10:10:19 AM »
The CFO West accepts a profile sheet/application.  It is available on the footballofficiating.com website, although I don't believe it is updated for 2018 just yet  The page describes the process they use for selecting officials and is very helpful in providing the information regarding the steps you need to take regardless of your current level.  I believe the link below should work.

http://www.footballofficiating.com/node/229

Offline Sonofanump

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »
Several of the COC staff attend Honig's Michigan State clinic.

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 05:44:27 PM »
Heard from Harold Mitchell personally that he does like to have an application BEFORE he sees you in person. MWC coordinator said they accept applications all year but SWAC said they only accept them through like April

Offline Sumstine

• FAN REACTION: +70/-10
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 07:00:18 PM »
As much as football has advanced, hiring is much the same as it has always been. Find an influential mentor and excel on the field. Outside of that, pick the camps and clinics managed in your desired area. Also, be the best looking physical specimen in the room.