Author Topic: DII or DIII Travel  (Read 3034 times)

Offline NCAABackJudge

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
DII or DIII Travel
« on: November 18, 2017, 10:01:04 PM »
Are there any DII or DIII Conferences that are taking officials from out of state and paying some/all travel?  I live in a state with very little sub DI football.

Offline ljudge

• FAN REACTION: +19/-2
Re: DII or DIII Travel
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:43:25 PM »
"out of state?"  I'd like to know what conference(s) have all their schools all in one state.  I have worked 11 years now having the last 6 years FCS and only reimbursed for travel and hotel when the assignment was a playoff game.  No complaints either.  No mileage, tolls, hotels, meals, etc. so if you are a new college official expecting this you might want to reconsider.  For the love of the game baby!!!   

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 06:05:42 PM »
Working for negative wages is to be expected.  ;D

Offline refbuz

• FAN REACTION: +2/-1
  • You've got WHAT????
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 12:44:04 PM »
Working for negative wages is to be expected.  ;D

Just don't report them too often.  You don't want Uncle Sam trying to classify this as a "hobby"...

Offline Morningrise

• FAN REACTION: +24/-7
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 06:20:14 PM »
Indeed, "Never ever characterize your officiating career as a 'hobby' if the IRS audits you or asks about it" is one of the most important pieces of advice that was given to our association by an extremely reliable source. It is a job and a source of income and they'd better understand that or they won't let you deduct squat.