Author Topic: Video Officiating Development Project  (Read 1235 times)

Offline twref

• FAN REACTION: +5/-2
Video Officiating Development Project
« on: June 24, 2020, 10:47:55 AM »
Hoping all is safe and well with you and families.  Perhaps some of you can help us with a project.  We have roughly (700) officials in our Hudl group, roughly (900) plays in our Hudl library and would like to send out a “play of the day” starting in August.  We would ask each of the officials to watch the play on Hudl and then answer a question i.e. (a) Is this a foul or no foul?  (b) 5-yard live ball illegal shift or 5-yard dead ball false start?  (c) Succeeding play would be snapped by Team A, 1st and 10 at the +42-yard line?  Succeeding play would be snapped by Team B, 1st and 10 at the -48-yard line? (d) No Foul? Targeting Foul with 15-yard enforcement?  Targeting Foul with and 15-yard enforcement and disqualification for B28?   Etc.

The issue is securing software that will allow officials to enter their answers, allow our group to list correct answers (hopefully with a short explanation) and automatically update each official’s percentage of correct answers. Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.   

Lastly, we would be happy to share our Hudl library with any association leader.  If interested, please send me a direct e-mail to tomwollansr@gmail.com.  Thanks in advance for your consideration and hoping we play this fall. 

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
Re: Video Officiating Development Project
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 03:44:16 PM »
One of the guys on the NF Facebook page uses Google docs/forms.  Don;t ask me how.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
Re: Video Officiating Development Project
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 12:36:37 PM »
What assigning platform do you guys use?  We use Reftown and it has all that built in for doing quizzes and polls, etc.  We use it for doing what you are talking about.