Author Topic: Clock Operator Humor  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Official_21

• FAN REACTION: +9/-0
  • What on earth have I gotten myself into???
Clock Operator Humor
« on: November 24, 2020, 01:59:53 AM »
So seeing that I had an outright play clock failure at two of my games (last Friday and a couple of weeks ago), it got me thinking:
People built the Saturn V back in the 60s when engineering and technology was in it's infancy (Certainly not as advanced as they are today).

Fast forward to today and schools/school districts cannot keep something as simple as a play clock working  LOL

Although in one instance I did get paid and made for an easy night  ;D

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: Clock Operator Humor
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 07:16:29 AM »
Along those line...
There is more computing technology in you smart phone than went to the moon!  Think about that one.
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline Official_21

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 10:54:31 AM »
Along those line...
There is more computing technology in you smart phone than went to the moon!  Think about that one.
It's just mind boggling to me..something we will never ever get our heads around.

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +72/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 02:18:57 PM »
Beyond that, the computing power in the space shuttles wasn't that much more than what was used in Apollo -- smart phones would still blow those computers out of the water.

Ironically, a bunch of schools near me were all sold on the same brand new scoreboard system that actually uses an iPad and a cell phone in the booth. Idiotically, they're only connected via bluetooth which drops out *constantly* making them a terrible hassle to deal with.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 03:11:19 PM »
At this point, I don't find any humor at all related to clock operation.
If the clock gets screwed up - who takes the heat? Not the COs. It's that fool out there wearing a white hat. Even if the COs are provided by the home team. "Gee Coach, they are your clock operators..."

Doesn't allow for much humor.

Offline Official_21

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 05:13:13 PM »
It's that fool out there wearing a white hat. Even if the COs are provided by the home team. "Gee Coach, they are your clock operators..."
You said it not the rest of us  ;D

But on a serious note, I am thankful that I have always done a good job on the clocks that the R and the rest of the crew don't have to worry.