Author Topic: You Make the Call  (Read 9996 times)

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
Re: You Make the Call
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »
Targeting all the way.  Isn’t the “when in question” you go with TGT?  Think so.

Offline HOULJ

• FAN REACTION: +3/-5
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 11:17:11 PM »
So, the SJ watching his #1 receiver 20 yards away, FJ watching his #1 20 yards away, the BJ watching #2 30 yards away, R watching the QB, H watching the tackles and the receivers in his area, L watching his receivers. Only the U who is in that area watching the play and throws the flag is the one who sees the hit. But EVERYONE else who is watching something else must come to a unanimous decision to have targeting?
The BJ actually threw the flag on this play.

Offline HOULJ

• FAN REACTION: +3/-5
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 11:19:09 PM »
Lol
I’m guessing you were the L in yesterday’s circus? The U literally pulls his flag out about throws them looks to put it back in his pocket. I’ve DQ’d many a player from a game without replay and they were always CC. It’s not hard if you know what you’re doing.
I wish I was in the game! From what I remember the BJ threw is flag on the play. I never saw the U reach until this clip.

Offline psv

• FAN REACTION: +14/-14
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2017, 01:31:31 AM »
I live in a glass house, so I am not going to throw stones.

The hit was clearly late, so you have the flag for a late hit.  He is defenseless, but its possibly no one got a real good look at it.

It wasnt "egregiously" targeting.... meaning, I have seen much bigger hits that were very clear.   Watching it live i thought...maybe... certainly should be a flag for late hit.  Watching it again on review, yes, I agree with most here that was targeting.

But we dont get a second bite at that apple.

As noted earlier, the rule does state, when in doubt, it is targeting.... but I guess we are still getting used to the when in doubt. 

Anyway, hypothetically, I might know someone who has had a play like that this year, where it was late, but only after looking at film could that individual confirm it probably should have been targeting...  you know, hypothetically.

Offline Clear Lake ref

• FAN REACTION: +5/-2
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2017, 09:38:49 AM »
It's TGT under both definitions. Crown of helmet hit.