Author Topic: Cedar Park v Lone Star  (Read 13144 times)

Offline mccormicw

• FAN REACTION: +3/-4
Re: Cedar Park v Lone Star
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »
70+ or 70-

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2015, 05:13:43 PM »
Dude has done 1 thing right in his 60 years of officiating and now you are gonna make that melon of his even larger.   :D

I see the way he keeps you in check, so consider it a yin/yang type of thing.  :)

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
Cedar Park v Lone Star
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2015, 06:11:04 PM »

Should the R have come to the coach in the first place?  Why are we explaining a defensive holding?  Seems pretty self explanatory.  If he wants to argue and vent about something as simple as this it should cost him a time out.

Precisely. We spend way too much time explaining calls to coaches for even the simplest of calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 07:31:16 AM »
Dude has done 1 thing right in his 60 years of officiating and now you are gonna make that melon of his even larger.   :D

60 years?  Don't think so.  At least when I played we didn't wear leather helmets.

Offline BlindZebra

• FAN REACTION: +4/-1
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 09:48:36 AM »
6 years old, so I don't know if this link still works.  This is how to take a coach to the sidelines.  Also about 70 pounds ago. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N64yUCqrhFU

That situation was handled perfectly!  And this is a play where an explanation is deserved.  But the play for defensive holding needs no explanation.  I am with you Legacy.  That coach was in control of that situation and should have never been.  Either the wing on that sideline needed to bring him back to the side line...if the coach refuses after a couple of tries then a flag is warranted.  But if all he is wanting to do is vent and argue to the R about a normal scrimmage down, it's going to cost him a time out.