Author Topic: 2010 Aloha Clinic date  (Read 16558 times)

Colonel

2010 Aloha Clinic date
« on: October 23, 2009, 11:13:16 AM »
Greetings,

I need the dates and registration information for the 2010 Aloha clinic.  I believe it was July 4th weekend in 2009.   I sent a letter by snail mail asking for info, but received no reply.   Does anyone have info?  Thanks!

Offline Sumstine

• FAN REACTION: +70/-10
Re: 2010 Aloha Clinic date
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 12:03:01 AM »
I am working on a budget at the moment and should have the pricing and more detailed information in a couple of weeks. Decent hotels in Waikiki are running under $100 per night and I am working on some that have two and three bedrooms to help with the cost. This is the plan so far.

Thursday, July 1st (6pm to 9pm)
Dan Romeo will conduct a three hour 7 man mechanics pre-game. This is the same pre-game he provides to his crew at the beginning of each NCAA season.

Saturday, July 3rd
Classroom, Breakout and Field Mechanics from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Sunday, July 4th
Game Day 7:00 am to 7:00 pm

So far we have the following confirmed

Jim Blackwood (NCAA)
Frank White (NCAA)
George Gusman (NCAA)
Mike Goshima (NCAA)
Tony Corrente (NFL)
Carl Cheffers (NFL)
Dan Romeo (NCAA)
Frank Villar (NCAA)
Matt Sumstine (NCAA)

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
  • Australian Gridiron Officials Association
    • Gridironwest
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:41:15 PM »
I'm interested in this
For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

Offline PanamaRef

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
if you can work on airline prices i would love to go...2K round trip in airline is what is stopping me from attending.

Offline Sumstine

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »
I have a half crew coming from American Samoa and would love to have Australia represented. It looks like the cost for out of state officials will run $130. and include the activities listed above and a clinic polo shirt.

I should have the cost firmed up in a couple of days.

dcrowl

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »
I'm also interested in attending, sounds like a great opportunity to learn and give my wife a great vacation at the same time. ^TD ^TD ^TD ^TD

AFHusker

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 09:12:15 PM »
It is a great clinic.  I look forward to attending for the 3rd straight year.

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• Gridironwest
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 11:38:29 PM »
Is it
I have a half crew coming from American Samoa and would love to have Australia represented.
Australia U19's are playing American Samoa on Jan 2nd - organized by Coach Reinebold after he came here for the Junior National Tournament in June.

I have the feeling that the clinic maybe High School based, not college - is that right ?
For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

Offline Sumstine

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 08:32:37 AM »
I have the feeling that the clinic maybe High School based, not college - is that right ?

The Thursday three hour seven man mechanic pre-game is a NCAA pre-game. The rules used for the Sunday football games are NFHS but the mechanics are NCAA. The instructors are all NCAA or NFL.

I have been to a number of camps and have never considered if they were HS or college based. Most of the officials who attend are from Hawaii and are HS officials. Last year we had 8 junior college officials attend and they all gave very high grades on the survey form.

I am the organizer of this clinic so my opinion may be in a little biased but I feel this is one of the best clinics in the country for HS or junior college officials. Coming from your part of the world it is by far the best value.

The game in Am. Samoa on Jan 2 will be worked using NFHS rules and if you are interested in working that game please give me a call. I am a friend to the officials of Am. Samoa and talk with the director almost weekly.

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• Gridironwest
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 02:26:55 PM »
The Australian Gridiron Officials Assoc (AGOA) has only discussed this briefly at this stage. We have been invited to send a small crew and as its an International I think it's min Lvl 3 and as I am still Lvl 2 in training unfortunately I wouldn't be considered. In addition I couldn't afford more than one trip per year.

Also I have registered at the Aloha Clinic board as Aussie_Zebra but I still can't log on.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 02:29:39 PM by RemoveZebra »

Offline Sumstine

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »
Also I have registered at the Aloha Clinic board as Aussie_Zebra but I still can't log on.

I have activated your account at RefereeClinic.com. The reason it was not activated is because a real name is required as the username on this site. You can login now and change your username. Thank you for letting me know.

Can you put me in touch with your association leader. I would like to see if a group of guys can come to Hawaii in July. You are more than welcome at any level here.

Matt

Offline Sumstine

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »
RemoveZebra

I talked to the Director in Am.Saoma today about you guys working with them for the internationl game on 1/2/10. Please let me know who I can talk with about it.

Offline NorCalMike

• FAN REACTION: +23/-8
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 12:05:31 AM »
I tried to convince that this would be a great way to go to Hawaii and make it tax deductible. She said she is not going to Hawaii and sit by herself why I run around a football field like a child. Maybe next year.  :(

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• Gridironwest
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »
I'll bring it up at the Assoc meeting on Sunday if we are sending any crew. I won't be putting my name forward due to financial and time constraints. 1 week later would be a different matter entirely.

Thanks for activating my account. I cant have a look now as I am off to bed - I have 1 junior and 2 senior games today and need some sleep b4.

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• Gridironwest
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 05:49:16 AM »
She said she is not going to Hawaii and sit by herself why I run around a football field like a child. Maybe next year.  :(
Is she mad ? :)

Goodcall

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 12:27:20 PM »
Sum-perhaps you should have someone look into organizing Spousal Activities so MJ and maybe others could sell it at home!!!!! I know other clinics have tried it, not sure of success. For the Mainlanders coming perhaps Hula Lessons or Surfing 101 or Bikini Wearing Abdominal exercises?? Oh, was that last one over the Top!!  >:D

jjseikel

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »
Sum-perhaps you should have someone look into organizing Spousal Activities so MJ and maybe others could sell it at home!!!!! I know other clinics have tried it, not sure of success. For the Mainlanders coming perhaps Hula Lessons or Surfing 101 or Bikini Wearing Abdominal exercises?? Oh, was that last one over the Top!!  >:D

... or oil siphoning at the USS Arizona.

Offline NorCalMike

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 12:18:39 AM »
Is she mad ? :)
Apparently she still loves me eventhough she hates football season.

Offline James

• FAN REACTION: +7/-6
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 05:04:31 AM »
I get that too!
She is supportive, but doesn't want me to leave the house... Local games if I have to, but can I spread them out - maybe only 1 every 2 weeks, or better yet, once a month...

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• Gridironwest
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 09:17:34 AM »
^no

Offline NorCalMike

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 02:10:14 PM »

fsanchez

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »
I would like to thank you for the "great" resources you have provided!!  I can use these with my crew (new) and I will use them 100%

Thanks again,

FSanchez
 ^good

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• Gridironwest
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »
Matt - have you confirmed dates for the 2011 clinic yet ?

Hawaii airlines are offering $684 each way from Sydney at the moment for July.